Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #107195
View in linear mode

Subject: "running so rich I need to remove the cat or else...?" Previous topic | Next topic
kevoxDec-19-07 01:31 PM
Member since Jul 21st 2007
145 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107195, "running so rich I need to remove the cat or else...?"

My mechanic is warning me that because my car is running so rich (enough to lose 7mpg) he is worried that the catalytic convertor will get plugged up and he has heard horror stories about this happening to other people and ultimately it ruins there engines....I don't want that happening to mine!! He said I should look for a straight pipe to buy but I would love to hear your opinions...is there a cat I can buy that won't get clogged with a rich a/f mixture? Do I just need to get one of those $30 cats off ebay as a temporary fix until I get the MSns on there to fix the a/f problem? What would you do...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

running so rich I need to remove the cat or else...? [View all] , kevox, Dec-19-07 01:31 PM
  RE: running so rich I need to remove the cat or else...?, goalie40, Dec-19-07 05:23 PM, #1
RE: running so rich I need to remove the cat or else...?, kevox, Dec-19-07 08:22 PM, #2
      RE: running so rich I need to remove the cat or else...?, foggy45, Dec-20-07 04:46 PM, #3
           RE: running so rich I need to remove the cat or else...?, kevox, Dec-21-07 09:39 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #107195 Previous topic | Next topic