Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #106160
View in linear mode

Subject: "blowing ignition fuse on first start.." Previous topic | Next topic
streetlightningSep-13-07 05:13 AM
Member since Mar 19th 2004
778 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#106160, "blowing ignition fuse on first start.."

ok well i attemted first start.i cranked just fine with my coil and injectors unpluged.

once i pluged injectors/coil in,
it started after a little cranking, but then died.

but there was smoke! idk wtf its from tho...it sems to be coming from the intake manifold area on the passenger side. i cant really tell, could it be oil burn off from when i put a cap full in the cylinder head? its not like billowing smoke but theres a decent amount of whitish/light bule smoke(does not smell eletrical).

but my main prob is it wont stay started. the last time it started then died, then everything went black. turns out my 30A ignition fuse blew? wtf..so i replace cranks again, almost starts then black again! another 30a ignition fuse dead wtf could be casuing this? i replace 3 rd time and before i can even crank it, fuse is gone and cluster goes black.
i checked wires, all grounds are good, i get continuity from Left prong of ignition fuse to +12v on starter, and in steering colum, i (from a blue wire blue wire?) make continuity with the right side of the ignition fuse, so i dont think its a short..any other ideas? when i was cranking earlier (witn no coil and injectors) i didnt blow a fuse? i could crank and crank and crank, no fuse blown, so now what!?
I have my intake mani grounded to the body, and the starter and fuse box grounded to frame. if the motor were not grounded well the motor fuse would blow correct?

tia

car info: 96 ecu 97 block with crank sensor changed, hahn port fuler with fpr/stock primaries, coil is stock, walbro 255.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #106160 Previous topic | Next topic