Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8998
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?" Previous topic | Next topic
chipdoggOct-28-12 08:01 AM
Member since Oct 28th 2012
44 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9001, "RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?"
In response to In response to 0

First off, please don't use ATF. It was used as a cost cutting measure. I recommend using Mobil 1 High Mileage Engine oil, 10w-30 or 5w-30 for cold climates. ATF will work but it's not the best choice. It does a fantastic job of keeping the inside of the cases clean, that's for sure.

2nd, if you filled it up enough for it to pour out the reverse light hole (same spot I fill mine), it's too full. What year is yours? The earlier ones (95-98 or so) had a slightly lower oil capacity than the newer ones as the backhalf of the gear case was changed for more oil and with more ribbing to be stronger. The earlier ones only need about a quart.

The proper way to check the fluid is to pull the rubber plug that is behind the driver's side tire. It'll be above and to the right of your axle. Let it drain out until it stops, then put the plug back in.

If it's too full, it may be coming out the vent on the top of the trans, but if that's plugged it'll force it's way out a seal. The fluid expands as you drive due to heat and needs somewhere to go.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling? [View all] , Tired2, Nov-04-12 08:39 AM
  RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, chipdogg, Oct-28-12 08:01 AM #1
RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, Tired2, Oct-28-12 11:18 AM, #2
      RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, chipdogg, Oct-28-12 11:44 AM, #3
           RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, Tired2, Oct-28-12 11:57 AM, #4
                RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, Tired2, Oct-28-12 12:04 PM, #5
                RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, chipdogg, Oct-28-12 04:07 PM, #6
                     RE: Transmission fluid leaks, only after refilling?, AdministratorCODE4, Nov-04-12 08:39 AM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8998 Previous topic | Next topic