Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8991
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Problems with reverse switch/sensor" Previous topic | Next topic
iamnotwhoiamOct-09-12 11:22 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8993, "RE: Problems with reverse switch/sensor"
In response to In response to 1

Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
So when you push the ball detent in by hand the reverse lights come on. When you put the sensor in the trans it wont work and you did make sure the shift fork is sliding over to push the ball in? You dont have any type of gasket on the sensor do you? Factory used an o-ring but the sensor was able to screw in flush to the trans case. You have tried 2 sensors? Next thing I am wondering is if the shift fork is moving all the way to the reverse location. You can gauge this with the shift levers to make sure it moves all the way into position. Aside from pulling the trans apart that woudl be the only way to make sure. Terry

When i had the switch out I moved the shifter and saw that the rod moved into place and unless I was mistaken I was able to get it to light up when i put the switch in the first time, but then it just stopped working. I'm going to pull the switch out again and verify its working by hand again and verify the shifter movement as well.

For the gasket I only recall a rubber o-ring but and it seemed to seat itself fine with that on. I guess I could try removing that to see if it makes better contact. I hope to look at it again tonight.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Problems with reverse switch/sensor [View all] , iamnotwhoiam, Oct-03-12 09:35 AM
  RE: Problems with reverse switch/sensor, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-09-12 09:48 AM, #1
RE: Problems with reverse switch/sensor, iamnotwhoiam, Oct-09-12 11:22 AM #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8991 Previous topic | Next topic