Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8617
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Update- Transmission's in." Previous topic | Next topic
eclipserstturboNov-09-10 09:23 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2008
281 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8633, "RE: Update- Transmission's in."
In response to In response to 7

(Sigh) dont say that. What should I use in the trans as far as fluid? I've read that I should be using that mopar ATF... however, when asking around and looking at local parts stores, no store caries a cross of that part number. The "Napa know-how guy" said that he thinks it would depend upon geographic location and that 80w gear oil would be fine. And "Satan" down here wants $30 a quart. That being said, I think you can imagine what I told him.

I've only driven the car for about 2 miles, so I definately don't believe that would damage them in that short period of time. I can switch to the mopar stuff, but I don't want to, and the trans is operating perfectly except for the speed sensor and I'm not swapping it again just for that.

It's been through three speed sensors, two of which were working before they were on the car, and since it's not getting signal to either the cluster or turbo timer, I'm guessing the signal wire is jacked or it's in the ECU. Either way, I refuse to replace the transmission again. The throwout bearing doesn't even make noise, which is a first for that car.

I CONTRIBUTED TO THE WIKI!
ah... turbo. I love the turbo, the boost, the speed, the sound.
and its all better when you do it yourself. cheaper too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Won't stay in 5th gear [View all] , eclipserstturbo, Oct-19-10 07:52 PM
  RE: Won't stay in 5th gear, 420agreenvilleSC, Oct-19-10 09:05 PM, #1
RE: Won't stay in 5th gear, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Oct-20-10 08:00 AM, #2
      RE: Won't stay in 5th gear, eclipserstturbo, Oct-20-10 09:53 PM, #3
           RE: Won't stay in 5th gear, eclipserstturbo, Oct-21-10 11:42 AM, #4
                Update, eclipserstturbo, Oct-24-10 07:19 PM, #5
                     RE: Update- Transmission's in., eclipserstturbo, Nov-06-10 09:30 PM, #6
                          RE: Update- Transmission's in., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Nov-08-10 07:24 PM, #7
                               RE: Update- Transmission's in., eclipserstturbo, Nov-09-10 09:23 PM #8
                                    RE: Update- Transmission's in., AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Nov-09-10 10:18 PM, #9
                                         RE: Update- Transmission's in., Ebster1085, Nov-10-10 09:28 AM, #10
                                              RE: Update- Transmission's in., eclipserstturbo, Nov-10-10 11:03 AM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #8617 Previous topic | Next topic