Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7603
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Replacing transmission" Previous topic | Next topic
2G_DadJan-05-09 08:34 PM
Member since Aug 13th 2007
108 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7607, "RE: Replacing transmission"
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by dceclipsers
I am planning on changing out my original 5 speed manual with another transmission. The one I have came out of Dodge Neon with the DOHC motor. I am going to switch the bell housings. I would like to know what I am getting myself into.

A difficult, but possible task.

Has anyone ever changed out transmissions a transmission on a 2gnt without a lift?

Yes and I have the scars to prove it. Okay, not really, but it was tough trying to do this by jacking up the front of the car and dropping the trans out the bottom, without hurting anything or anyone. Putting it back was even more fun. See next question/answer.

Is it diffucult to line up the transmission with the clutch?

Yes. Trying to wrestle the trans back up into position was a pain with just a pair of cheap hydraulic jacks and a scissor jack. Seems you can never find a flat surface to jack on or you end up rotating the trans when you want it to go straight up. Once you get things fairly close, things actually slide together fairly easily. Next time, I will probably pull the hood and use an engine hoist. Good luck!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Replacing transmission [View all] , dceclipsers, Jan-04-09 10:02 PM
  RE: Replacing transmission, barza21, Jan-05-09 01:09 AM, #1
RE: Replacing transmission, RoninEclipse2G, Jan-05-09 05:29 PM, #2
RE: Replacing transmission, Locke_db, Jan-05-09 05:55 PM, #3
RE: Replacing transmission, 2G_Dad, Jan-05-09 08:34 PM #4
RE: Replacing transmission, Moderatorbullettdsm, Jan-07-09 05:20 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7603 Previous topic | Next topic