Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7066
View in linear mode

Subject: "Transmission feels "sloppy in 2nd, 4th, rev (fresh tranny too)" Previous topic | Next topic
2GeclipseRSMar-18-08 09:22 AM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7066, "Transmission feels "sloppy in 2nd, 4th, rev (fresh tranny too)"

I put a new transmission in after my old one kicked it.

This transmission i have now ran perfect. Every gear locked in crisp. About 10 minutes before i got to my destination, i noticed second gear felt like it wasn't engaging from the lever. It was engaging in the tranny alright, so was fourth. It seems all the bottom gears on the lever select feel like ghosts.... It's like i'm shifting into them but i can't feel it at all from the shifter. That sweet, firm click/lock is gone. All the top gears (from the shift select lever point of view) have the crispness still.

What the hell is wrong with my car and what could be causing it to act like this. I dont beat on any of those gears nor do i "slam" my car into gear. There aren't any grinds or anything like that, it's just the crispness is gone from those three gears. It's hard to explain. It feels like those gears affected feel like neutral but the car is in those gears and moves foward as normal.

When i stopped after i had this problem, it wouldn't go into any gear so i popped the kick pannel and tried to see if anything fell by where the shift lever was causing this problem or if i had a loose cotter pin. Nope. Checked the cables on the trans, nothing. I went in for my job interview and told my gf (who works where i'm getting my 2nd job) that she might have to take me home. I got in the car and drove off and it went into all the gears. I'm very, very lost and i feel like selling my project at this point to get another honda. Never had or heard of problems in a honda like i've had with my dsm.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Transmission feels "sloppy in 2nd, 4th, rev (fresh tranny too) [View all] , 2GeclipseRS, Mar-18-08 09:22 AM
  RE: Transmission feels "sloppy in 2nd, 4th, rev (fresh tranny too), Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-18-08 10:54 PM, #1
RE: Transmission feels "sloppy in 2nd, 4th, rev (fresh tranny too), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-19-08 02:03 AM, #2
      RE: Transmission feels "sloppy in 2nd, 4th, rev (fresh tranny too), 2GeclipseRS, Mar-19-08 05:38 AM, #3
           RE: Transmission feels "sloppy in 2nd, 4th, rev (fresh tranny too), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-20-08 02:28 AM, #4
                RE: Transmission feels "sloppy in 2nd, 4th, rev (fresh tranny too), 2GeclipseRS, Mar-20-08 11:02 AM, #5
                     RE: Transmission feels "sloppy in 2nd, 4th, rev (fresh tranny too), Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-20-08 09:49 PM, #6
                     RE: Transmission feels "sloppy in 2nd, 4th, rev (fresh tranny too), 2GeclipseRS, Mar-23-08 09:14 AM, #8
                     RE: Transmission feels "sloppy in 2nd, 4th, rev (fresh tranny too), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-20-08 09:54 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7066 Previous topic | Next topic