Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6454
View in linear mode

Subject: "Driver side trans mount question...." Previous topic | Next topic
2GeclipseRSJun-13-07 01:22 PM
Member since May 06th 2007
781 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6454, "Driver side trans mount question...."

This just keeps on getting better and better. Fuck. Here it goes. (short story)

So, i take my hood off today to bondo up a series of dents in my hood cowl. I finish that and while waiting for the primer to dry i decide to remove my windsheild washer resivoir. I dont need it. It's taking up space and it was a bitch to remove. So while i'm pissing all the fluid on the ground sitting in my car listening to tunes, i get the bright idea that the plate that supports the battery just has to come out.... This should make it easier on me.

My god! My transmission mount is a bit off...something is amiss. Why is there a long, gold bolt sitting on it? Oh shit...it's not sitting on it. This long gold bolt is sticking halfway out of the mount? WHAT IN THE HOLY FUCK? What the fuck kind of shit is this? Well, i'm really pissed off now because it's one more thing i have to fix. Not a really big fix but more work i shouldn't have had to do. My guess is when the mechanic changed the clutch on the car (clutch is new), the dumbass either a) forgot the nut for the bolt or b) didn't tighten the nut enough. So now, i have to jack the tranny up, take the bolt out and replace it.

Question is, what do i replace it with and what do i ask for when i go to advanced tomorrow to get my fel-pro gasket kit?

Thanks.

I recommend dsms to anyone who wants to learn to fix everything on a car. Haha! I'm never taking my shit to a mechanic. Ever. Besides alignment and machine work, nobody is touching my car.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Driver side trans mount question.... [View all] , 2GeclipseRS, Jun-13-07 01:22 PM
  RE: Driver side trans mount question...., DirtMegirt, Jun-13-07 01:55 PM, #1
RE: Driver side trans mount question...., 2GeclipseRS, Jun-13-07 02:32 PM, #2
      RE: Driver side trans mount question...., 2GeclipseRS, Jun-14-07 06:33 AM, #3
           RE: Driver side trans mount question...., RoninEclipse2G, Jun-14-07 07:18 AM, #4
                RE: Driver side trans mount question...., 2GeclipseRS, Jun-14-07 11:23 AM, #5
                     RE: Driver side trans mount question...., grain, Jun-15-07 05:13 PM, #6
                          RE: Driver side trans mount question...., 2GeclipseRS, Jun-19-07 01:49 PM, #7

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6454 Previous topic | Next topic