Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6255
View in linear mode

Subject: "Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft and won't work some times." Previous topic | Next topic
fliple_nipleMar-28-07 09:42 PM
Member since Sep 21st 2006
18 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6255, "Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft and w..."

OK with all the respect I can muster I want to say first of all I am very serious, I'm not &%^*&^% around, I don't give ^$%# if this is in the wrong section or anything like that and I DON'T won't a response from idiots who would rather discuss forum BULL^%$# than help me diagnose this peoblem. I am a very serious car enthusiest and in light of that fact I have spent well over $12,000 in the last 7 months just trying to keep my car running and I'm done with it I just need it to get me to work and back.

So if you think you can put your internet nerd ego aside and help me with this please respond, here goes.

Starting about two months ago my 1999 eclipse GS started making a wierd zinging/ rattling noise, it started out that only when it was cold it would make this noise. As of the past month along with it making this noise, (some times constantly) and all the time when I rev the engine, wether in gear or not. It has also become impossible to shift into reverse as well as second and fourth gear. Though second and fourth gear some times work at lower rpms and some times do not. So suffice to say 2nd, fourth and reverse do not work. I had the throw out bearing replaced and the clutch, it still did it, I rebuilt the master cylinder and replaced the slave it still does it, I then even replaced the transmission-- it still does it, I put stiff shifter bushings on the clutch cables it still does it, I put stiff shifter bushing on the shift plate under the console it still does it. I put on a short throw shifter it still has the same problem, the clutch fluid is always full I've blead the system about 10 times with no change. After I replaced the tranny it stopped doing all that and worked right for about 3 hours and after that went right back to the same problems. I can slide the shifter all the way into each slot where it would be in gear and as soon as I let go it slides right back into neutral and if I hold it in the slot it doesn't cetch at all, I can't feel it click into place like it would if the gear was engaged. Reverse on the other hand will only go half way into the slot to where it would be fully into gear.

Sry for the long write up but it is a fustrating and expensive problem with a lot of symptoms. I would like and expert but even well reserched advise would help greatly. I don't have much money left and I'm about to loose my job if I can't fix this soon
Thank you very much,

Cody D. Fitzsimmons

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft and w... [View all] , fliple_niple, Mar-28-07 09:42 PM
  RE: Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft a..., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-03-07 08:36 AM, #1
RE: Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft a..., EclipseSix, Apr-13-07 12:18 PM, #2
      RE: Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft a..., 505racer, Jun-10-07 07:57 AM, #3
      RE: Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft a..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-10-07 10:00 AM, #4
           RE: Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft a..., 505racer, Jun-10-07 10:42 AM, #5
                RE: Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft a..., freelancefool, Jun-10-07 11:16 AM, #6
                     RE: Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft a..., Moderatorbullettdsm, Jun-10-07 12:13 PM, #7
                          RE: Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft a..., 505racer, Jun-10-07 05:13 PM, #8
                               RE: Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft a..., Locke_db, Jun-13-07 09:38 PM, #9
                                    RE: Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft a..., 505racer, Jun-14-07 05:17 AM, #10
                                         RE: Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft a..., 505racer, Jun-19-07 06:26 AM, #11
                                              RE: Squeaking/ ratling from tranny area...can't shift in high rpms, rev. doesn't work, 2nd is soft a..., 2GeclipseRS, Jul-13-07 12:05 PM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6255 Previous topic | Next topic