Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6171
View in linear mode

Subject: "axle seal leak after lsd install" Previous topic | Next topic
taclipseFeb-17-07 12:14 PM
Member since Apr 12th 2004
200 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6171, "axle seal leak after lsd install"
Feb-18-07 05:33 AM by taclipse

Well, not to long ago i Purchased and installed the AMC LSD. I installed new conical bearings on the diff and new races into the case. I decided to do ahead and install new axle seals as well since one of them looked like it has seen better days. I discovered that the Amc unit doesnt taper at all where it is supposed to compress the axle's snap ring when removing them (somewhat like the obx lsd). I found that out the hard way by testing fitting an axle after i put the trans back together then not being able to remove it. I finally got the axle back out and removed the snap rings and everything seemed well. Once i got the car back together i drove it to for a while without a problem. I put the car up on my lift at work and noticed that a fresh leak just appeared from the pass axle seal. I figured advance auto parts gave me a defective one so I ordered one from napa and switched it out. I left the car on the lift and it seemed to stop leaking. At the end of the day i took my buddy to the back lot and there was a puddle of oil on the ground, so i take a look and my lovely gear oil is coming out in a steady stream from the pass side axle seal. The only thing i could think of is that the axle is out of round. I have changed many seals before so i know the error isnt on my part. I was just wondering if anyone has ever had the same problem? Sorry for the essay!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

axle seal leak after lsd install [View all] , taclipse, Feb-17-07 12:14 PM
  RE: axle seal leak after lsd install, taclipse, Feb-21-07 05:22 PM, #1
RE: axle seal leak after lsd install, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-22-07 07:20 AM, #2
      RE: axle seal leak after lsd install, taclipse, Feb-22-07 02:22 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #6171 Previous topic | Next topic