Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #427
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Differences in Modular and Non-Modular clutches?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSApr-11-03 01:10 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#429, "RE: Differences in Modular and Non-Modular clutches?"
In response to In response to 0

MODULAR(what most of us have)- The flywheel, clutch disk, and pressure plate are all rivited together, making the replacement of the clutch disk impossible(but there is a way around that, more on that later). This setup uses a "flexplate" that bolts the the modular clutch unit, that has the starter teeth on it. There really is no advantage of this setup.

NON MODULAR- The flywheel, clutch disk, and pressure plate are bolted together, making the replacement of the disk possible. This setup uses the starter teeth directly on the flywheel, and uses no "flexplate". The advantage of this setup is usually its cheaper than MOD, and also replaceing of the clutch disk.

I am currently getting a custom clutch built, using the stock MODULAR clutch flywheel and pressure plate, with a custom disk facing. The rivits were drilled out, and the holes tapped for bolts. This makes it a NON MODULAR clutch unit, while still retaining use of the stock flexplate for the starter teeth. Clutch Dynamics in Lansing, MI is doing this for me. Much cheaper too than a prebuilt clutch like Clutchmasters, ect.. but will be equivilant to the Clutchmasters units or better than, depending on what type of disk facings you ask for, as you can custom tailor your clutch to how you want it to perform.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Differences in Modular and Non-Modular clutches? [View all] , MajinVejitaXV, Apr-11-03 09:45 AM
  RE: Differences in Modular and Non-Modular clutches?, Vandy420a, Apr-11-03 12:29 PM, #1
RE: Differences in Modular and Non-Modular clutches?, TeamXtremeRS, Apr-11-03 01:10 PM #2
Here's some pics..., TeamJasonESi_T, Apr-30-03 07:20 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #427 Previous topic | Next topic