Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1685
View in threaded mode

Subject: "RE: anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears" Previous topic | Next topic
JustOneNov-05-03 08:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1700, "RE: anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears"
In response to In response to 3

Originally posted by jamesman
Brian, with the PG you had to actually remove some material from the 2 small gears! Do you know how much you had to remove. Also, being that that that sid piece of crap blows up, have you had any problems with the phantom grip? I think the construction of the PG is much better being that it is simpler and made of the correct materials. I was reading PG's site and they were stating that there is a need for .005 inch clearance between the pg and the small gears so i guess you would have to machine it to fit. thanks James

Yes, I did have to get the gears taken down to get it to fit right. Unfortunately I don’t remember how much. I have been running the Quaife for a year or so now but when I had the PG in I had no problems w/ it. I ran the PG for like 8 months or so w/ absolutely no problems. A friend of mine has sense them put it in his car and hasn’t had any trouble w/ it either.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears [View all] , jamesman, Nov-04-03 09:28 AM
  RE: anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears, Chamuko, Nov-04-03 02:09 PM, #1
RE: anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears, JustOne, Nov-04-03 08:50 PM, #2
RE: anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears, jamesman, Nov-05-03 04:48 AM, #3
RE: anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears, TeamMichael_97RS, Nov-05-03 09:08 AM, #4
RE: anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears, Chamuko, Nov-05-03 11:02 AM, #5
RE: anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears, jamesman, Nov-05-03 01:31 PM, #6
RE: anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears, Chamuko, Nov-05-03 08:15 PM, #7
RE: anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears, Chamuko, Nov-05-03 08:15 PM, #8
RE: anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears, JustOne, Nov-05-03 08:46 PM #9
RE: anyone using the phantom grip with the ridge machined off the diff gears, TalonSpeed, Nov-06-03 05:26 PM, #10

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1685 Previous topic | Next topic