Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1023
View in threaded mode

Subject: "need help gatering parts for upgrading drivetrain stuff, pics..." Previous topic | Next topic
Teamner947Jul-23-03 06:52 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1023, "need help gatering parts for upgrading drivetrain stuff, pics..."

so far i have the clutch disk, a funky bearing (it's this metal thing about the size of a mouse for a computer), a pressure plate, the new skool racing LSD, and the picture of what's below. the clutch disk is motofool's stage 4 disk with some type of pressure plate. i'm still waiting on the fidanza flywheel to come... argh.

i'm trying to get together all the stuff that i'll need to install the thing. in that picture i have 3 quarts of the Mopar NV-T350 transmission fluid, 6 '95 Neon flywheel to pressure plate bolts, and the diff pin brackets so my pin won't slide out after i put in the LSD.

i need an alingment tool, right? the stealership wouldn't sell me one. i'm guessing i can just rent one or something at autozone?

do i need any other parts? right now i have the stock modular clutch. how will the non-modular fidanza connect to the stock starter plate? do i use the stock bolts?

will i need any new bearings? if so, which ones? when i did my shortblock installation in february i remember inspecting the throw-out bearing (that's the thing that goes inbetween the fork and the pressure plate, right?) and it looked fine to me.

lastly, i know that some people have had issues with clutches that engage very high on the pedal. i read the thread about putting washers inbetween the slave cylinder and the bellhousing, but how many do i use and how thick should they be?

thanks for the help guys. i'm sure The1Bill and i will have a wonderful time getting the non-modular clutch in...

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

need help gatering parts for upgrading drivetrain stuff, pics... [View all] , Teamner947, Jul-23-03 06:52 AM
  RE: need help gatering parts for upgrading drivetrain stuff, pics..., Teametx, Jul-23-03 09:26 AM, #1
RE: need help gatering parts for upgrading drivetrain stuff, pics..., Teamner947, Jul-23-03 10:14 AM, #2
RE: need help gatering parts for upgrading drivetrain stuff, pics..., Teamner947, Jul-23-03 10:14 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #1023 Previous topic | Next topic