Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7061
View in linear mode

Subject: "Shifting problem...please help!" Previous topic | Next topic
clipseclipseMar-17-08 12:19 PM
Member since Mar 17th 2008
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7061, "Shifting problem...please help!"

First time posting at the forums here. I hope you all can help me regarding a problem I'm having with my shifter. I was taking an exit ramp and in the process of downshifting into fourth, the shifter became "dead," and could not be engaged into any of the gears, resulting in me being on the side of the road. The shifter had play in all directions with no resistance other than left and right (because of the coil at the base of the shifter). In other words, the shifter had the range of motion where it would be in the right gears, but would not stay there.

I've looked endlessly online and could not find someone who has experienced the same problem. I did check underneath the shifter console and could not find any snapped rods or loose connections. I had someone move the shifter while I looked at the shifter arms about the transmission move, but nothing seemed to engage.

Is there any way to see if the problem is related to the gearbox, transmission, shifter cables, etc? I would like to know if there is a way to engage into the gears by using the shifter arms about the transmission, thus troubleshooting whether or not it truly is the shifter cables or not. Please guide me step by step as I'm not too experienced with tranny-work, but willing to learn.

Thanks in advance

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Shifting problem...please help! [View all] , clipseclipse, Mar-17-08 12:19 PM
  RE: Shifting problem...please help!, red96rs, Mar-17-08 01:07 PM, #1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7061 Previous topic | Next topic