Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4003
View in linear mode

Subject: "Is my throw-out bearing backwards? DINO! TRANS. GUYS HELP!" Previous topic | Next topic
TKIFeb-13-05 09:05 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4003, "Is my throw-out bearing backwards? DINO! TRANS. GUYS HELP!"

When we was the old trans. out they took it to the table and took the old clutch and throw-out bearing out of it before I could look at it. Well, when I was putting the new ones on I put the throw-out bearing back on the clutch fork, and I dont remember if the metal ring side was facing the clutch or if the plastic square looking side was facing it.

Anyways, the reason that Im asking is b/c in the morning when I start the car it sounds like there is a rattling coming from it, but once I move the car a little bit then its fine. Another thing, is that the gears are kinda hard sometimes to go in, the other day it acted like I didnt even have the clutch pushed in even when I did. It just acted like something was blocking it from going in gear, so I pumped the clutch then it eventually went into gear. I topped off the fluid last week, and it doesnt appear to have any leaks anywhere.

Anyone have any suggestions on what it might be b/c I dont want to mess this trans. up? Thanks for any help!

BTW, In the morning if I push in on the clutch the rattle stops, then starts again when I let it out till I actually drive the car a few feet.

'95 Eclipse RS (sold)
'99 Eclipse GS OZ (sold)
'90 Eclipse GST (sold)
'90 Talon TSI AWD (sold)
'94 Plymouth Laser RS (sold)
'04 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t (sold)
'08 Silverado LTZ (daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Is my throw-out bearing backwards? DINO! TRANS. GUYS HELP! [View all] , TKI, Feb-13-05 09:05 AM
  RE: Is my throw-out bearing backwards? DINO! TRANS. GUYS HELP!, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-13-05 09:09 AM, #1
RE: Is my throw-out bearing backwards? DINO! TRANS. GUYS HELP!, 1995talon, Feb-13-05 12:14 PM, #2
RE: Is my throw-out bearing backwards? DINO! TRANS. GUYS HELP!, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Feb-15-05 01:12 AM, #3
RE: Is my throw-out bearing backwards? DINO! TRANS. GUYS HELP!, techboy, Feb-15-05 03:29 AM, #4

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #4003 Previous topic | Next topic