Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2489
View in linear mode

Subject: "squealing at 4Krpm, not belts, tranny?" Previous topic | Next topic
wite96gsMar-20-04 11:08 AM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
365 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2489, "squealing at 4Krpm, not belts, tranny?"

I have a '96GS with about 148K on the odo. as far as the engine and tranny are concerned, the only mod I have done is the installation of a centerforce dual friction clutch, done about 2 1/2 years ago. well about 4-5 months ago the car started squealing at 4KRPM. it sounds metalic, I know it's not any of the belts, because I just changed all of them including water pump, timing belt, timing pulleys, and tensioner. I checked all the pulleys on the front of the engine i.e. tensioner PS/AC alternator, they all seem fine, no play at all. I cannot find where the noise is coming from, it seems to only happen when the engine is under load. If I floor it it'll squeal at 4000rpm's and up, but if I gradually increase the RPM's it will not do it. if I am sitting still/neutral it will not do it, so this makes me think it must be on the tranny end. I have found a few concerns regarding the throwout bearing while I was searching, could that make a metalic squealing sound if it's on it way out??? the car still runs, drives and performs fine but I'm really beginning to become concerned at this point. I'm at a loss here . and I can't rev up my engine, it's embarrasing . any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

squealing at 4Krpm, not belts, tranny? [View all] , wite96gs, Mar-20-04 11:08 AM
  RE: squealing at 4Krpm, not belts, tranny?, chrisnack, Feb-11-05 11:02 AM, #1
RE: squealing at 4Krpm, not belts, tranny?, optimuspeterson, Feb-12-05 05:42 PM, #2
      RE: squealing at 4Krpm, not belts, tranny?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-13-05 09:08 AM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #2489 Previous topic | Next topic