Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #516
View in linear mode

Subject: "Tranny extension housing seal: how do I remove it?" Previous topic | Next topic
Teamdougie2Apr-03-03 07:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#516, "Tranny extension housing seal: how do I remove it?"

ATX A604 tranny. I can't get the old seal out of the extension housing. I even removed the damn housing and all I can do is bend the seal disform it. I've used screwdrivers, pliers, everything I can think of. I've NEVER came across a seal so hard to remove.

On a side note, I think the entension housing is slightly damaged anyway, which my be the reason my tranny is bleeding from the halfshaft entrance. I think I'll take it to Dodge today and see what they think.

I hope someone can help me.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tranny extension housing seal: how do I remove it? [View all] , Teamdougie2, Apr-03-03 07:10 AM
  RE: Tranny extension housing seal: how do I remove it?, Dirty, Apr-03-03 02:06 PM, #1
RE: Tranny extension housing seal: how do I remove it?, Dirty, Apr-03-03 02:06 PM, #2
RE: Tranny extension housing seal: how do I remove it?, Teamdougie2, Apr-03-03 09:25 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #516 Previous topic | Next topic