Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4336
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Is it my tranny?" Previous topic | Next topic
99atxdsmJan-01-08 11:51 AM
Member since Dec 25th 2006
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4343, "RE: Is it my tranny?"
In response to In response to 0

Originally posted by 5arge
For about a week my car had been running funny. When coming to a complete stop, right before I'd ease into the stop, my car would jerk right before I'd stop. Secondly I'd notice, when going from park to drive or reverse before it would kick into that gear it would do that same studderish jerk. Added oil because it neded it. Seemed to help a litle because I didn;t notice as much. Well yesterday out of nowhere my check engine light pops on.Seconds later my car isnt shifting out of 1st gear. It just keeps reving higher while driving. I'm thinking it's the tranny. But could it be another component of the tranny or something else. I have another tranny lined up but hate to buy it and it not fix my problem.

Make sure there is enough fluid in there, do not fill above where it says "Warm" on the dip stick and check for leaks around the cooling lines and the radiator. Also would reccommend getting it scanned to see what codes are popping up, causing it to go into Limp mode "2nd gear not first".

Limp mode is the fail-safe for the transmission, if there is something causing the transmission to run abnormal, then the TCM will put the transmission into limp mode to save the transmission from any further damage so that it can be serviced. That is why it will not allow you to engage in any other gear or overdrive.

Tim Reed
76 Colt Galant coupe
77 Colt Galant Wagon
91 GVR4 1350/2000 (Scrapped)
99 Eclipse GS (sold)
89 Suburban 4x4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Is it my tranny? [View all] , 5arge, Nov-10-07 11:10 AM
  RE: Is it my tranny?, 99atxdsm, Jan-01-08 11:51 AM #1
RE: Is it my tranny?, xtremeroller, Jan-10-08 02:15 PM, #2
      RE: Is it my tranny?, InFiNiT3, Jan-10-08 09:03 PM, #3
           RE: Is it my tranny?, xtremeroller, Jan-12-08 11:14 AM, #4
                RE: Is it my tranny?, InFiNiT3, Jan-12-08 10:05 PM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #4336 Previous topic | Next topic