Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3929
View in linear mode

Subject: "I've been having a problem with a strange sound." Previous topic | Next topic
DracasJan-16-06 12:57 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2004
330 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3929, "I've been having a problem with a strange sound."

I have been searching around trying to figure out if anyone else has had to deal with this noise. I know DSM's make alot of noises, but I haven't heard anyone else talk about this one.

When I am at WOT, and reach around 5k RPM's I hear a very loud buzzing noise under my center console. It sounds like there are alot of metal cables vibrating against sheet metal. I've considered it being my exhaust somehow, but it's stock, and it's done that since I've had the car. Could it be the heat shield on the cat? I've taken off all of the heat shielding behind the cat trying to fix it. That stuff wasn't easy to get off either, I just had hand tools, and ended up ripping most of it apart rather than unbolting it.

I tried taking off the center console before, and see if I could find anything vibrating, but I had no luck. I will try to get a recording of it if I can.

Any ideas? or has anyone else's car done this? Is it more common than I think? Just thought I'd ask around.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I've been having a problem with a strange sound. [View all] , Dracas, Jan-16-06 12:57 PM
  RE: I've been having a problem with a strange sound., Keith2172, Jan-17-06 05:09 AM, #1
RE: I've been having a problem with a strange sound., Dracas, Jan-17-06 03:07 PM, #2

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3929 Previous topic | Next topic