Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3973
View in linear mode

Subject: "Disassembled ATX and found.....[need atx expert advice?]" Previous topic | Next topic
jam013200Feb-15-06 05:18 PM
Member since Jun 26th 2005
121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3973, "Disassembled ATX and found....."

I found the Low/Reverse Clutch burned up, they were black (not brown like the others) and they had significantly less material on the clutch than the others in the system. I checked all the gears so far and they all look "normal" no missing teeth or welds broken. So I would assume that I would just need the following to get her going again:

Rebuild Kit
Torque Converter
Input/Output Sensors
Solenoid pack
Diff. Safety Pins

I talked to the guy a Transtar about parts earlier today and he said that the a604 was notorious for breaking welds in the planetaries. I checked mine so far and they look ok....I don't see any stress cracks and the welds still seems solid. Should I be concerned?

What would cause the Low/Reverse Clutchs to burn up like that? Any special tools needed to put her back together (like those spring compression tools?).

Thanks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Disassembled ATX and found..... [View all] , jam013200, Feb-15-06 05:18 PM
  RE: Disassembled ATX and found....., InFiNiT3, Feb-15-06 05:36 PM, #1
RE: Disassembled ATX and found....., jam013200, Feb-16-06 02:12 AM, #2
      RE: Disassembled ATX and found....., InFiNiT3, Feb-16-06 12:45 PM, #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Auto Trans- A604 topic #3973 Previous topic | Next topic