Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #835
View in linear mode

Subject: "REMINDER! Only post racing topics here!" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100Mar-18-02 02:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#835, "REMINDER! Only post racing topics here!"

I would like to remind everyone (again, because we have many more new people now) that this section is for autocross, track racing, rally racing, drag racing and other racing topics where you must discuss racing and driving techniques, and all other aspects of racing.

Examples of appropriate topics are (but certainly not limited to): launching techniques, selecting shift points for a race, boost/SAFC settings for a drag race, "tuning" of your car or suspension for drag racing, an autocross course, or the race track (if you are racing at Limerock or something like that), proper "driving line" or cornering technique on a track, tire pressures for different types of racing, and a million of other things I don't have time to list.

What is NOT appropriate are stories about who you beat on the street. That's why we have the war stories section. It may say "racing" in the title of this forum, but that does NOT mean posts of street wins, or even drag strip wins, belong here.

I am going to STRICTLY adhere to this policy. The reasons are: 1. I don't want the racing section clogged with "I beat a civic to 130 today" stories, and 2. We (the moderators and administration) went through the trouble of making a seperate war stories section, so use it for what it is intended for!

I also don't want posts of JUST drag strip wins if that's ALL you are putting in the post. Those are war stories too, just at the drag strip instead of on the street.

If you are just going to post "I beat a civic by 2/10ths today" and THAT IS IT, put it in the war stories section. There really isn't anything "technical" in that kind of post.

But, if you are talking about what you did at the drag strip in terms of technical differences to the car, what racing techniques helped you win the race, and you post what the other car ran as well then that is good.

An example of that would be like this: "First race I had the tire pressures set to 28 psi in the front, ran 2.4 60' time spinning the tires and hit a 16.0 1/4 mile time vs. a 16.4 for the civic in the next lane. Second run I dropped the pressures to 20 psi, didn't dump the clutch and got a 60' of 2.3 sec and improved to 15.8 that run. The integra in the other lane ran a 15.2 and beat me, despite the fact I killed him on reaction time. Launching on the last yellow made a huge 4/10ths difference in reaction time. " Something like that would be appropriate because it ALSO involves a discussion of tuning the car and driving technique, get where I'm going with this???

I'm only nit picking about this because we have the seperate racing and war stories sections, so we shouldn't clutter the racing section with war stories.

Thanks for your co-operation and understanding.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #835 Previous topic | Next topic