Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6154
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Autocrossing for the fist time" Previous topic | Next topic
barza21Mar-22-10 01:30 AM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6161, "RE: Autocrossing for the fist time"
In response to In response to 0

Well, well... Where should I start?

I loved it! It's simply awesome! I had fun! Having the ability to push my car to the limits without any repercussions is just great!

With that being said, I am a horrible driver!

I walked the course like you guys said, but it just wasnt enough. One thing is to walk and another to drive. When I got in the car for the first time I didnt take it slow like everybody was telling me too. I thought I would be able to take the curves fine, but that didnt happen. The cones just come at you so fast!

Long story short, I was only able to complete 3 of 5 runs. The three that I got in were DNF (Did not finish) Some how I always got off the course. It was mostly because I would forget were the course was and the instructor I had didnt teach me anything useful. The only reason why I cut down some times is because of a dude in a Viper told me how to take some curves and when to speed up and down.

Now to the reason why I wasnt able to get all my 5 runs in... Some how, my alternator belt just decided to snap during my third lap. So I had to back out and go get a belt at autozone and install it in the parking lot. Next time I am taking a replacement accessory belt and alternator belt!

All in all it was a really good experience. I got to meet a bunch of new people and learned a lot about my car. Even though it has low comp and a 3.55 trans in it, the car would just fly! Specially through the slalom section. The coilovers would keep it from going all over the place. Really nice how it handled. Ohh btw, yes I did run the whole course in 1st gear basically!

Oh and before I forget, our cars have a heavy ass! I was under steering left and right (this could partially be attributed to the fact that I didnt want to step on the brakes )

The next event is next month and I am looking forward to going, Thanks 2gnt!

P.S. Tim, the Chicago box was awesome! lol

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Autocrossing for the fist time [View all] , barza21, Mar-16-10 05:43 PM
  RE: Autocrossing for the fist time, TeamDR1665, Mar-16-10 06:06 PM, #1
RE: Autocrossing for the fist time, Moderatorteklein, Mar-16-10 06:53 PM, #2
      RE: Autocrossing for the fist time, barza21, Mar-16-10 10:59 PM, #3
           RE: Autocrossing for the fist time, Moderatorteklein, Mar-17-10 03:58 AM, #4
                RE: Autocrossing for the fist time, barza21, Mar-17-10 10:49 AM, #5
                     RE: Autocrossing for the fist time, Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-18-10 05:24 PM, #6
RE: Autocrossing for the fist time, barza21, Mar-22-10 01:30 AM #7
RE: Autocrossing for the fist time, Moderatorteklein, Mar-23-10 04:06 AM, #8
RE: Autocrossing for the fist time, Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-25-10 04:44 PM, #9
RE: Autocrossing for the fist time, barza21, Apr-17-10 12:49 PM, #10
RE: Autocrossing for the fist time, barza21, Apr-25-10 09:16 PM, #11

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6154 Previous topic | Next topic