Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6045
View in linear mode

Subject: "back in action" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100May-28-09 07:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6045, "back in action"

Finally got to race this past saturday at new england dragway, import wars. They changed the format a little, only one bracket class, and we only had 12 entries. I was well out of practice and it showed.

I was able to get a few good runs, beat a turboed RSX as he missed 2nd gear in the bracket races, and my toughest competition, a chick with a turboed civic CRX, got knocked out the first round when she had something break in her engine, but having just put a new head gasket on it the night before probably had something to do with that.

But, I only managed to be one of the top 6 cars left as I broke out my last round by a tenth (finally got a decent launch) versus another chick (lots more women, well girls they're young, racing these days) with a stock manual tranny acura TSX. I was able to pull on her and run a faster 1/4 mile, so its a 205 hp car which weighs more, 3250 lbs or so, but that means even without any tuning (still working on it, but made progress) my car is still running well.

Next month is another event on Saturday the 20th I believe, so if you're around make sure to show up to NED and say hi, and get some racing in too!

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #6045 Previous topic | Next topic