Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5263
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: 3rd place at import wars this past saturday (but no trophy)" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorVX100Jul-19-06 06:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5270, "RE: 3rd place at import wars this past saturday (but no trophy)"
In response to In response to 2

Originally posted by Keith2172
Congrats, how many in the class? What's your dial-in? Have you found that .308sec yet?

There are 4 seperate classes: street class (bracket and street tires), slick class (bracket and drag slicks), street shootout (heads up and street tires), and pro shootout (heads up and drag slicks). Don't ask me why there are only 4 classes and why there are broken up like that because I have no clue. The track has always done it like that.

I raced in the slick class (I had drag radials, but you can run street tires in the drag slick classes, you basically are handicapping yourself) and there were 6 cars in the class. It wasn't a big turnout this saturday. The street class (by far the biggest class) had 20 cars in it, it usually has double that or sometimes even more (up to 100!). The street shootout had a good 10 cars or so, and the pro shootout class had only 1 or 2 entries. Normally you'd see twice the entries that we saw this saturday, but a lot of people show up for "run only" which is just time trials. Many people would rather rack up as many runs as possible instead of competing.

Lately (as of the middle of lst year or so) I have been entering the slick class because there are far less people in the class which means less people to beat to get to the finals, and less chance the law of averages will catch up to you and you'll screw up, which can happen if you have to run 5 races to get to the finals instead of 2.

Now, I know, you're thinking that I had it easy because there are 1/3 the number of cars to race against... well there is always a catch and here it is... The people racing in the street class are mostly just a bunch of riceboys who have a hard time remembering where to stage their car. In the slick class there are NO amatuers! Everyone you race against is good, usually VERY GOOD.

So, there are less cars to deal with, but everyone you race is a tough challenge. You're lucky if you even advance.

As for the dial in, well I'm sorry to say it was a 15.7 this weekend. I was taking it too easy on the launch (hence my tendency to bog the car).

As for that 0.308 sec... I'll find it sooner or later

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

3rd place at import wars this past saturday (but no trophy) [View all] , ModeratorVX100, Jul-16-06 06:14 PM
  RE: 3rd place at import wars this past saturday (but no trophy), TeamDR1665, Jul-17-06 05:03 AM, #1
RE: 3rd place at import wars this past saturday (but no trophy), Keith2172, Jul-17-06 05:04 AM, #2
RE: 3rd place at import wars this past saturday (but no trophy), ModeratorVX100, Jul-19-06 06:40 AM #3

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #5263 Previous topic | Next topic