Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4952
View in linear mode

Subject: "New times from a local test n tune" Previous topic | Next topic
QC DSM ESiTSep-10-05 10:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
765 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4952, "New times from a local test n tune"

Well it's been pretty much the entire summer since I've been up my local track. Since then I've gotten polyurethane mounts for both side and the back motor mount and a solid front motor mount in hope in get rid of wheel hop. I also had some different rims with better tires on this time too. I turned up the boost to 8 PSI and tuned a little before I went there. Get to track and my goal for the entire night was to get into the 14's. After the first run the goal completely changed. First run I got a 14.736 @ 94.64 MPH with no wheel hop and a lot better grip. Second run had a bad launch and and got a 14.8 and somewhere in that run I threw my PS belt. It was no big deal though. It actually was still in the engine bay and didn't take out my alternator belt so it was alright. I ripped out the belt and continued. Third run and actually the best run of the night was a 14.562 @ 97.75 MPH with a 2.192 60ft. so there is definitly room for improvement. The rest of the night it was ranging in the high 14's. The 5th run was the second best run with a 14.573 @ 95.33 MPH. So I think I might hit the track a couple more times to see if I can get it down any more. The entire night I was pissing off the V8 guys though as I kept beating my friends 89 Mustang 5.0. Also beat a 80's Monty Carlo and actually beat a Trans Am WS6 but he obviously screwed something up because he ran like a 15.0 and I could it was probably his first time ever running the car so he might have just been taking it easy. I was pretty happy with the times that night but I think I can get it lower so I will try a couple more times and hopefully the times will get lower.

I contributed to the wiki!

95 Eagle Talon ESi-T (BACK FROM THE DEAD!)
98 Dodge Neon R/T
93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative Editon #86 of 325 (sold)
95 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (saved from crusher)(sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

New times from a local test n tune [View all] , QC DSM ESiT, Sep-10-05 10:45 PM
  RE: New times from a local test n tune, Moderatorcs82685, Sep-11-05 06:54 AM, #1
RE: New times from a local test n tune, totaleklipse97, Sep-12-05 07:13 PM, #2
      RE: New times from a local test n tune, QC DSM ESiT, Sep-14-05 06:37 PM, #3
           RE: New times from a local test n tune, DarkEclips96, Sep-25-05 02:10 PM, #4
                RE: New times from a local test n tune, injendsm, Sep-26-05 11:18 AM, #5

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #4952 Previous topic | Next topic