Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3587
View in threaded mode

Subject: "RE: Drifting in a FWD?" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaNov-04-03 03:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3642, "RE: Drifting in a FWD?"
In response to In response to 2

Originally posted by Nackers
The definition of drifting is over powering the rear wheels making them loose traction. I don't care what anyone says, thats that.

sigh a 95 guy even. Well if you look at a buncha of the posts I posted a while back you can figure out how I drift my car but I'm not gonna write it all down.

anyway that is called power over drifting that your mentioning there, its a type of drift. Its also known as a power slide. The definition is to induce loss of rear traction (OVERSTEER) by using the throttle to break traction the rear slips out and you control it through countersteer and throttle modulation.

NOW we can't exactly do that can we, we can do a power underdrift though, if the same thing but the front end slides instead and well you can't really control it you can just stop it, helps get through tight S turns I guess.

There are many ways to induce a drift in a FWD just not as many as a RWD which makes it more challenging, and yes a FWD will never be able to drift as long as a RWD cuz its got no pushing action but I can make my car look better drifting than most newbie drifter I see out there.

Funny thing about RWD drivers (notice I don't say drifters) is that they thing "OH I have a RWD I can just stab the throttle yank the wheel and let the ass hang out and start countering" That's what puts a lotta those drivers into guard rails and spins. Drifting is all about shifting weight and managing traction loss.

I can also make a FWD drift as fast most RWDs just won't look like that pretty full countersteer tire smokin drifting you see in those option vids. You can make the car do a 4 wheel drift with no countesteer, which allows the car to push forward and go sideways at the same time.

anyway look this stuff up in the search engine I'm kinda tired right now:
left foot brake
e-brake drift
feint motion

if your into japanese racing video magazines you should check out this months "drift tengoku" its volume 18 and Hatakeyama the FF drift master is in it, you know what that means.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Drifting in a FWD? [View all] , BlackGSTurbo, Oct-18-03 03:46 PM
  RE: Drifting in a FWD?, Mystic511, Oct-21-03 12:42 PM, #1
RE: Drifting in a FWD?, Nackers, Oct-29-03 05:57 PM, #2
RE: Drifting in a FWD?, Clay, Oct-29-03 06:41 PM, #3
RE: Drifting in a FWD?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-01-03 10:28 AM, #4
RE: Drifting in a FWD?, EclipseRST, Nov-01-03 04:30 PM, #5
RE: Drifting in a FWD?, ModeratoreclipzGST, Nov-01-03 07:24 PM, #6
RE: Drifting in a FWD?, Doug96GS, Nov-01-03 07:42 PM, #7
RE: Drifting in a FWD?, Mystic511, Nov-04-03 11:10 AM, #8
RE: Drifting in a FWD?, HadesOmega, Nov-04-03 03:42 PM #9
RE: Drifting in a FWD?, BlackGSTurbo, Nov-05-03 04:48 AM, #10
RE: Drifting in a FWD?, TeamMichael_97RS, Nov-05-03 07:44 AM, #11
RE: Drifting in a FWD?, Doug96GS, Nov-05-03 08:29 PM, #12

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #3587 Previous topic | Next topic