Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103890
View in linear mode

Subject: "CA Smog?" Previous topic | Next topic
halfasss101Jul-03-08 10:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103890, "CA Smog?"

Has anyone here in Cali smogged their 420A with low compression pistons and passed. Alot (most) people tell me it will pass. A few say it wont. Has anybody had success or know of any shops that will pass you if you pay them off? Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: CA Smog?, fullmoon, Jul-03-08 10:42 AM, #1
RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Jul-03-08 11:23 AM, #2
      RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Jul-03-08 12:34 PM, #3
           RE: CA Smog?, fullmoon, Jul-03-08 07:27 PM, #4
                RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Jul-03-08 09:17 PM, #5
                     RE: CA Smog?, fullmoon, Jul-04-08 02:12 AM, #6
                          RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Jul-04-08 10:26 AM, #7
                               RE: CA Smog?, fullmoon, Jul-06-08 11:03 AM, #8
                                    RE: CA Smog?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-07-08 06:55 AM, #9
                                         RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Jul-07-08 07:25 AM, #10
                                         RE: CA Smog?, RoninEclipse2G, Jul-07-08 11:49 AM, #11
                                         RE: CA Smog?, fullmoon, Jul-07-08 04:00 PM, #12
                                         RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Jul-08-08 06:46 PM, #13
                                              RE: CA Smog?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-09-08 02:39 AM, #14
                                                   RE: CA Smog?, Keith2172, Jul-09-08 08:33 AM, #15
                                                   RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Jul-09-08 08:54 AM, #16
                                                   RE: CA Smog?, TeamDR1665, Jul-09-08 04:35 PM, #17
                                                        RE: CA Smog?, HadesOmega, Jul-12-08 06:06 AM, #18
                                         RE: CA Smog?, fullmoon, Jul-18-08 02:56 AM, #19
                                              RE: CA Smog?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Jul-21-08 03:40 AM, #20
                                                   RE: CA Smog?, twinvenges, Jul-23-08 02:58 PM, #21
                                                   RE: CA Smog?, eclipsekaiser, Jul-23-08 05:47 PM, #22
                                                   RE: CA Smog?, fullmoon, Jul-24-08 12:12 PM, #23
                                                        RE: CA Smog?, Tuxdreamerx, Jul-24-08 12:49 PM, #24
                                                             RE: CA Smog?, fullmoon, Jul-26-08 04:03 AM, #25
                                                                  RE: CA Smog?, twinvenges, Jul-26-08 05:35 AM, #26
                                                                       RE: CA Smog?, fullmoon, Jul-27-08 06:26 PM, #27
                                                                            RE: CA Smog?, twinvenges, Jul-28-08 11:10 PM, #28
                                                                                 RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Jul-29-08 01:11 AM, #29
                                                                                 RE: CA Smog?, fullmoon, Aug-03-08 07:00 AM, #30
                                                                                      RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Aug-03-08 08:48 AM, #31
                                                                                           RE: CA Smog?, eclipserst3, Aug-13-08 03:30 PM, #32
                                                                                                RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Aug-13-08 03:48 PM, #33
                                                                                                     RE: CA Smog?, RoninEclipse2G, Aug-14-08 05:30 AM, #34
                                                                                                          RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Aug-14-08 08:54 AM, #35
                                                                                                               RE: CA Smog?, RoninEclipse2G, Aug-14-08 11:50 AM, #36
                                                                                                                    RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Aug-14-08 12:15 PM, #37
                                                                                                                         RE: CA Smog?, RoninEclipse2G, Aug-14-08 12:29 PM, #38
                                                                                                                              RE: CA Smog?, halfasss101, Aug-14-08 12:32 PM, #39

fullmoonJul-03-08 10:42 AM
Member since Nov 03rd 2005
158 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#103891, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by halfasss101
Has anyone here in Cali smogged their 420A with low compression pistons and passed. Alot (most) people tell me it will pass. A few say it wont. Has anybody had success or know of any shops that will pass you if you pay them off? Thanks

Hay man not to bust ya bubble or come down hard on ya but these guys ain't gonna tell ya jack if ya keep talk'n like that!

You do know the CHP and CARB troll the net right???

You gotta be a little more repectable to the board and whisper your questions AKA Pull us to the side and PM.

I'm trying to out of trouble stay sober (After 13 yrs of hard drinking) and you guys are driving me straight back to the bottle with questions like these! hehehehe!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

halfasss101Jul-03-08 11:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#103892, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 1

of course but i'm not just going to pick out several people to PM and ask them. It's easier to get it out by posting. If somebody has something then PM.

halfasss101Jul-03-08 12:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#103894, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 2

ok, ok forget the part about which shops there are that will let you pass. Is there anyway to make it pass without swapping motors and just take the turbo off?

fullmoonJul-03-08 07:27 PM
158 posts,
#103897, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 3

ok, ok forget the part about which shops there are that will let you pass. Is there anyway to make it pass without swapping motors and just take the turbo off?

From all I have read I think you should have no problem passing, It's when you raise compression that you would most likely have problems.

I have posted about the same question and I think some guy claimed that his was cleaner with it on and I think he shielded the snail too to pass the visual but don't quote me on it.

IMO I think a turbo set up would cause a fail to the tailpipe side since it has to be within certain perimeters (close to stock) to pass.

Again IMO I think it would be best to turn down the boost then test and see what you could do.

Please post your current set up so that the others will see your situation clearly as I am just a baby tunner the big boys know how to handle this well known problem better than I.

Also I think it would be OK to tell the guys a your location so they would steer you to a shop that would help tune your car to get it to pass if push comes to shove

Now if you live in Imperial California you don't hafta worry about popping ya hood and there are other locations in California where you could (Cough! Cough! Cough!) move to that don't do the visual as a part of the test.

Go to the DMV site and check out the locations I found several.

halfasss101Jul-03-08 09:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#103899, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 4

My setup (will be) 60 trim turbonetics, Hahn portfueler, JE 8:5:1's, eagle rods, standard bore, stage 2 cams but i'll just swap the head back to stock for the smog. It'll be easier than pulling the whole motor. SO pretty much all i'd have on there during smog would be the low comp pistons and rods. Rods wont make a difference so only pistons that could make any difference. But turbo shouldn't make it turbo any worse since it'll run normal and not add any fuel until you hit boost. So it would run just like taking the turbo off. But might as well leave turbo off after i swap back to stock head huh? Less problems with visual test.

fullmoonJul-04-08 02:12 AM
158 posts,
#103900, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 5

My setup (will be) 60 trim turbonetics, Hahn portfueler, JE 8:5:1's, eagle rods, standard bore, stage 2 cams but i'll just swap the head back to stock for the smog. It'll be easier than pulling the whole motor. SO pretty much all i'd have on there during smog would be the low comp pistons and rods. Rods wont make a difference so only pistons that could make any difference. But turbo shouldn't make it turbo any worse since it'll run normal and not add any fuel until you hit boost. So it would run just like taking the turbo off. But might as well leave turbo off after i swap back to stock head huh? Less problems with visual test.

Sounds like your on the right track to me with the exception of the portfuler that might catch his eye if you decide to leave it on.

Since I see no port and polish you should be fine in that department.

And yes IMO the turbo stays at home to be on the safe side.

I hope you don't plan to mod your fule injectors either.

California just seems like a place I wanna escape from too but I'm afraid I'd be shot in the back as I climbed over the gate and if I move back to Texas I'd be sucked dry from these Mosquito's like the are doing me now for the July weekend here in Texas. itch!!! sctracth!!! itch!!!

halfasss101Jul-04-08 10:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#103901, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 6

Haha damn it must be hot over there. I'll probably take portfueler off. I doubt they'd no what the hell it is anyway. I could just paint it black and they'd never look twice at it. The portfueler injectors wont work since the manifold pressure will never reach positive since the turbo is off and the factory injectors will still be in their spots so I should be good then.

fullmoonJul-06-08 11:03 AM
158 posts,
#103903, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 7

It just hit me!!! (Must be that great high you get from jet lag) I just got up to Minneapolis and if I'm not mistaken the pistons have a certain temperature at a certain compression that also burns the fuel and if they don't hit that compression ratio (And trust me I'm hoping that you WILL pass because your set up is my role model)the fuel may not burn properly, Right???

Any Moderators or Einstein's wanna chime in on this? I feel like I'm marooned on the moon on this subject and I want this guy to pass so bad with just what he has done so far so I'd learn from his mistakes if any.

What I may end up doing is (and I know many of the guys my think I'm a tad bit crazy) but my thoughts lean toward stock compression ratios but just beefed up parts so come smog time I'd be OK, just a thought.

Yea yea I know tuning would probably be hell but the smog test should be a little to know problem.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-07-08 06:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#103907, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 8

Any aftermarket modification that they can see that doesn't have a CARB expent sticker with it will fail you. period.

Do not even think of trying to pass with a turbo kit, visible modifications to the manifold, additional injectors, visible non-stock wiring, or any aftermarket exhaust modifications. You will fail.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

halfasss101Jul-07-08 07:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#103909, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 9

Ya i know what you mean. I planned on taking everything visible off but the only thing i am concerned about is the low compression pistons. I'm not sure if they are going to effect the way it burns enough to fail or if it wont make that much of a difference.

RoninEclipse2GJul-07-08 11:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#103911, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by DarkOne
Any aftermarket modification that they can see that doesn't have a CARB expent sticker with it will fail you. period. Do not even think of trying to pass with a turbo kit, visible modifications to the manifold, additional injectors, visible non-stock wiring, or any aftermarket exhaust modifications. You will fail.

from what I hear, if they see one aftermarket part they start bringing out the mirrors and looking for hidden shit.

thank god I don't live in california, now if I could figure out a way to get the stupid californians to stop moving to colorado
(no offense to people on this board, I'm sure you're aware of the bitches I'm referring to though)

Erik P.
Official 2GNT thread Hijacker
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...
All we know is, He's not The Stig... But he is The Stig's Spartan cousin!

fullmoonJul-07-08 04:00 PM
158 posts,
#103912, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 9
Jul-07-08 04:01 PM by fullmoon

Any aftermarket modification that they can see that doesn't have a CARB expent sticker with it will fail you. period. Do not even think of trying to pass with a turbo kit, visible modifications to the manifold, additional injectors, visible non-stock wiring, or any aftermarket exhaust modifications. You will fail.

I got into a discussion on this site with some guy who sheilded his car to prevent prying eyes, I can't see how that could be done though mabey the guy who inspects his car has bottle bottoms for glasses?

There is some guy here who has done the turbo mod in Kalifornia and he takes his off every two years he had an excess oil reading on the smog test if I'm not mistaken with low comp pistons, I think he had a green eclipse?

Dude to do what you are trying to do will more than likely require that you uninstall the turbo and require tuning the ecu etc.. back to stock to pass are you prepared to do this? And do you have a back up car should this not work out for you in a timely manner incase you don't pass the smog?

I'm sure it's not going to be easy but I'm still in your corner if you can pull this off.

FYI I got poped for going 85 in a 65 by a local cop and my car is stock he did'nt pop my hood though

halfasss101Jul-08-08 06:46 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#103916, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 12

That's the beautiful thing about the portfueler. The ECU will be stock even with the 26psi i'll be running. MAP clamp it and the ECU just thinks its running like it did from the factory. The Portfueler is like its own stand alone fuel system. Its got a box about 7 inches long, 4 inches wide and about 1-2 inches thick and its got wires for the four additional injectors, the tach signal adapter so it knows the RPM, a vacuum line that goes into it, power and ground, a serial port to connect to the laptop. It kicks in and adds the fuel when the manifold pressure becomes positive. The ECU doesn't know any different. So i'll just take all the visible shit off and they dont know the difference.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-09-08 02:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#103917, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 13

That's the beautiful thing about the portfueler. The ECU will be stock even with the 26psi i'll be running. MAP clamp it and the ECU just thinks its running like it did from the factory. The Portfueler is like its own stand alone fuel system. Its got a box about 7 inches long, 4 inches wide and about 1-2 inches thick and its got wires for the four additional injectors, the tach signal adapter so it knows the RPM, a vacuum line that goes into it, power and ground, a serial port to connect to the laptop. It kicks in and adds the fuel when the manifold pressure becomes positive. The ECU doesn't know any different. So i'll just take all the visible shit off and they dont know the difference.

Except for the fact that there's stock wiring that's been modified, an EGR system that's been removed (because it doesn't fit with the portfueler unless you modify the EGR pipe, which they will notice and probably fail you on) and some weird ass plate with four more injectors in it between the manifold and the head.

You're still gonna fail.

As if I do not know what a PortFueler is.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

Keith2172Jul-09-08 08:33 AM
Member since Jan 16th 2004
1281 posts,
#103918, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 14

You won't get away with it, as Dino said, anything visible without a CARB sticker and sometimes even the documentation that came with the box = fail. Not only that, but if you fail a visual for illegal modification you have to smog the car at a referee station for life, which means a higher smog bill. Just put it back to stock or as close to as possible.

Representing the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I think I'm the only member )

halfasss101Jul-09-08 08:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#103919, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 15

All that stuff is coming out. All portfueler components will be taken out of the car since i'll have to swap the head back to stock. The head i'll have on there has stage 2 cams, port/polish, oversize valves,ect so that definitely wont pass so i'll put my stock head back on and removing portfueler in the process. The only ECU wiring that needs to be modified is the wiring for the MAP clamp correct? I can make that look stock easily enough. I'll have an EGR block off kit. When the time comes, I'll take the block off kit off and put the EGR back on. Everything visible to the eye will be stock and ready to pass smog. I think that pretty much covers everything. There anything else anyone can think of? Thanks

TeamDR1665Jul-09-08 04:35 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#103922, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 14

As if I do not know what a PortFueler is.

HadesOmegaJul-12-08 06:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#103945, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 17

So has anyone passed with a built engine and made as stock as possible? Haha I'm still trying to smog my car after this many years

I tried it with hicomp pistons before and it wouldn't pass I got locomp now so I'm wondering it will pass. Anyone pass with 1mm oversize valves?

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

fullmoonJul-18-08 02:56 AM
158 posts,
#103993, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 9

Hold up! Not any mod only those at or before the Cat.

Also I think I may have found a product soon to be on the market and I will get in touch with the manufacture and post on this site what and when this product is scheduled to be on the market.

It is a Cat that I'm sure many of you guys will be pleased with that will in fact clean up the most illegally modified 420a on the planet and it's cheap too!

It has some special metals inside that clean up the Nox etc.

The maker is working on tractor trailers for the most part but says his product will also work on cars too with the scaled down version.

So we can mod our cars on the west coast on the inside for power like Mark did and pass with flying colors.

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneJul-21-08 03:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#103998, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by fullmoon
Hold up! Not any mod only those at or before the Cat.

That's per the letter of the law, yes, but nearly any aftermarket exhaust, even some with a carb sticker, they'll try and flag you for noise violations. if its legal or not has no bearing when you're left holding a fix-it ticket.

'13 Evo X (mostly stock)

twinvengesJul-23-08 02:58 PM
Member since Aug 25th 2007
74 posts,
#104003, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 20

ve passed... built boosted, wit hahn stg 4+. i made some greddy labels, and when they saw those, there were no ?s asked..they only kno 2 look 4 the stickiers and carb #, once they see it, they go about their bizz, it was nice.

eclipsekaiserJul-23-08 05:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#104004, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 21

You got lucky and found a shop that didn't follow proper procedure.

Normally they will cross check those CARB numbers with the ARB database.

I have seen it pass on low comp pistons with stock injectors.

-K-

fullmoonJul-24-08 12:12 PM
158 posts,
#104005, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by fullmoon Hold up! Not any mod only those at or before the Cat.
That's per the letter of the law, yes, but nearly any aftermarket exhaust, even some with a carb sticker, they'll try and flag you for noise violations. if its legal or not has no bearing when you're left holding a fix-it ticket.

Oh yes I know the mind game quite well! In fact they put a Disco Ball hanging from ticket on my Criminal Record!

The same cop tried to give me a ticket for the chrome tip on my muffler that was on there when I bought the car used!

So I went out and bought the real deal and ain't been pulled over yet!!! Hehehehe!!! Some Sick Sick People in Kalifornia!

This company http://www.iftnw.com/ is the one I was taking about in a different thread I will e-mail em and if they plan to market anything for cars.

They say it's the fumes from the diesel that makes their stuff work.

But still I wonder if I can take one of those Cats and strip it and stuff the metals in my Cat??? Hummm...

Now I gotta get it expunged from my record. Some Sick! Sick! People in Kalifornia

TuxdreamerxJul-24-08 12:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
384 posts,
#104006, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 23

Originally posted by fullmoon Hold up! Not any mod only those at or before the Cat.
Oh yes I know the mind game quite well! In fact they put a Disco Ball hanging from ticket on my Criminal Record! The same cop tried to give me a ticket for the chrome tip on my muffler that was on there when I bought the car used! So I went out and bought the real deal and ain't been pulled over yet!!! Hehehehe!!! Some Sick Sick People in Kalifornia! This company http://www.iftnw.com/ is the one I was taking about in a different thread I will e-mail em and if they plan to market anything for cars. They say it's the fumes from the diesel that makes their stuff work. But still I wonder if I can take one of those Cats and strip it and stuff the metals in my Cat??? Hummm... Now I gotta get it expunged from my record. Some Sick! Sick! People in Kalifornia

I am so glad I live in ohio we no longer have smog tests so I can do whatever I want, except have N0S of coarse thats illegal on the road anywhere I do believe.

fullmoonJul-26-08 04:03 AM
158 posts,
#104013, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by Tuxdreamerx
Oh yes I know the mind game quite well! In fact they put a Disco Ball hanging from ticket on my Criminal Record! The same cop tried to give me a ticket for the chrome tip on my muffler that was on there when I bought the car used! So I went out and bought the real deal and ain't been pulled over yet!!! Hehehehe!!! Some Sick Sick People in Kalifornia! This company http://www.iftnw.com/ is the one I was taking about in a different thread I will e-mail em and if they plan to market anything for cars. They say it's the fumes from the diesel that makes their stuff work. But still I wonder if I can take one of those Cats and strip it and stuff the metals in my Cat??? Hummm... Now I gotta get it expunged from my record. Some Sick! Sick! People in Kalifornia
I am so glad I live in ohio we no longer have smog tests so I can do whatever I want, except have N0S of coarse thats illegal on the road anywhere I do believe.

OHIO???!!!! THE BUGEYE???!!!! You mean you can do everything but go over the speed-limit!!! Hehehehe!!! That state has more State Troopers, County Mounties and Local Yokels than a Texas Ant-hill has Ants!!!
Seems like every-body's a cop!!! Hehehehe.
But hay it's all good it gives us truckers something to whine about.

twinvengesJul-26-08 05:35 AM
74 posts,
#104014, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 25

no, im smart, used the correct ARB #s for an eclpse greddy kit..

fullmoonJul-27-08 06:26 PM
158 posts,
#104016, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 26

Originally posted by twinvenges
no, im smart, used the correct ARB #s for an eclpse greddy kit..

Wait! You mean you got that thing to pass the tailpipe test too??? Must been a pain to get it to pass if you did.
And I too thought about doing that mod you did, Nice touch.

twinvengesJul-28-08 11:10 PM
74 posts,
#104021, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 27

i told him too keep it outa boost, and it blew cleaner in the sniffer test then my N/A did!

halfasss101Jul-29-08 01:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#104022, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 28

i was wondering about that too. I thought it might burn cleaner. Are you in california also?

fullmoonAug-03-08 07:00 AM
158 posts,
#104029, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 28

Originally posted by twinvenges
i told him too keep it outa boost, and it blew cleaner in the sniffer test then my N/A did!

I have been to places that just take ya car in the bay, Now how can I keep that guy from hit'n boost while I'm watchi'n T.V. in the lounge?

I have seen em act like they wanna blow my motor up.

halfasss101Aug-03-08 08:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#104030, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 30

Well, if you've got a turbo the size of the gst/gsx turbo then it might be hard to keep it out of boost since the spool up at low rpm. My friends gsx when it was stock started building boost at about 2500 but a 16g or 50+trim isn't going to spool at the rpms that they are SUPPOSED TO run the smog test at. I think its like 2500-3000rpm. I'm not perfectly sure. I'd think as long as they keep the rpm where they're supposed to, it would never hit boost on a good size turbo.

eclipserst3Aug-13-08 03:30 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2006
204 posts,
#104060, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 31

my buddy's gst will hit peak boost by 2500 rpm. the awd cars only have to sit in the lot and rev the engine cause the machine only has one drum thing for wheels to ride on. when i lived in cali we would go from shop to shop saying "my car don't run good, how much would it cost to make it pass?" after 3-4 shops a guy would do it for $200.

got that megasquirt!

halfasss101Aug-13-08 03:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#104062, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 32

what size turbo on the gst?

RoninEclipse2GAug-14-08 05:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104064, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 33

t25

Erik P.
Some say that he's driven over more Covenant than he's shot, and that his grenades aren't where you'd expect them to be...

halfasss101Aug-14-08 08:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#104065, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 34

I'm not real familiar with the stock turbo on the gst/x. Isn't the t25 the one they come with or am i wrong?

RoninEclipse2GAug-14-08 11:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104066, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 35

all factory turbo 2g's had t25's

Erik P.

halfasss101Aug-14-08 12:15 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#104067, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 36

i thought that was the turbo they came with but wasn't sure. That turbo will of course make full boost at around 2500rpms. It is so small that its air flow efficiency is almost maxed out with stock boost. Another 40hp output, it is already reached max efficiency, same with the stock sidemount intercooler. Probably one of the smallest turbo's to ever come on a fairly modern day car

RoninEclipse2GAug-14-08 12:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2745 posts,
#104068, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 37

interestingly enough S13 and S14 Silvias came with a T25 as well

Erik P.

halfasss101Aug-14-08 12:32 PM
Donating 2GNT member
343 posts,
#104069, "RE: CA Smog?"
In response to Reply # 38

shit, no wonder i never see a stock silvia in my town. Then again there are only about 4 here. But they are rare so i think four in a city this size is quite a few.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #103890 Previous topic | Next topic