Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #81396
View in linear mode

Subject: "Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels)" Previous topic | Next topic
SemperboostFeb-07-05 05:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81396, "Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels)"

So I've had my Colibri Power Window kit on for awhile and it works great; mounted the switches over the crank. Now I got a set of GST door skins which look and feel alot better, map pockets, leather inserts n all. I've figured out the wiring for the stock power window switch and my aftermarket kit. Now I've searched and heard that you have to use spacers to space back the spindle so it doesn't hit the door panel. Does anybody have a picture of this?....Can I use washers if I don't have them? Thanks.

Alvin

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels), 96eclipse2nr, Feb-07-05 07:18 PM, #1
RE: Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels), tim97rs, Feb-07-05 07:45 PM, #2
      RE: Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels), MCubed45, Feb-07-05 11:52 PM, #3
           RE: Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels), Semperboost, Feb-08-05 06:45 AM, #4
                RE: Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels), 1995talon, May-07-05 05:26 AM, #5
                     RE: Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels), J, May-09-05 12:04 PM, #6

96eclipse2nrFeb-07-05 07:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81404, "RE: Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels)"
In response to Reply # 0

i dont think anyone has had any experience with your brand of kit. everyone here uses the SPAL brand kit...dunno how similar they are. anyways, i had to space my assembly even before i switched over to the power panels. the SPAL kit incudes spacers for this..and i think i ended up doing it like 1/8 or so...possibly more. youll just have to see. and its not the same with all cars. some people had to end up cutting their spindle to get the skins to fit. i personally didnt have to.

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

tim97rsFeb-07-05 07:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#81406, "RE: Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels)"
In response to Reply # 1

i had to freakin cut my spindles shorter and weld them back together...thats how much over i was. couldn't even get the panel on before that.

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

MCubed45Feb-07-05 11:52 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#81409, "RE: Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels)"
In response to Reply # 2

the spindles stick out FAR. that's why i didn't want to bother getting power door skins. the shitty thing is that the 'teeth' are on the outer most part of the spindle. this means you can't just cut it - you hafta cut it in two places and re-attach the tip like ^^^ did. i'm not sure what's involved with moving the whole mechanism farther into the door but it looked complicated if i remember correctly. most of the bolts an stuff aren't easily accesible. our doors are like a metal sandwich with the glass and window components in the middle.

-marc

SemperboostFeb-08-05 06:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1072 posts,
#81419, "RE: Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels)"
In response to Reply # 3

What do these spacers look like?...washers??
Alvin

http://www.cardomain.com/id/96rst

1995talonMay-07-05 05:26 AM
Member since Jan 27th 2004
626 posts,
#84791, "RE: Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels)"
In response to Reply # 4

i know this is a old post but in case anyone else runs into this prob,when you add a larger spacer to the crank the window will get cought and some have cut the crank,but when i was installing the spal on my pass side yesterday i found that its a tab thats locking everything up.take out your speaker,roll down the window and look thur the speaker hole and you will see it.its right below one of the window mounts.its a pain but just remove that and you can add the larger spacers and wont have to cut the crank...

Black apillars,black door sills,97-99 eclipse grill,floor mats,CF shift boot and Ebrake cover,CF gauge cluster cover,chrome gauge cluster trim rings

JMay-09-05 12:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#84853, "RE: Spacers for window crank (Power Windows - GST Panels)"
In response to Reply # 5

Well, just put in some AutoLoc power windows (among other things) and I must say they are SLOW & LOUD. I'm eventually gonna rip the thing off my door along w/ crank & put a real power window setup on, but I've got more pressing things to do first.

Anyways, has anyone got some PICS?!? My Power door panels just came in & I'd sure love to see how you peeps did this! Gonna look into it this weekend, I hope I can get this crank sunk. I kinda thought the window is what stopped the crank from going in cuz it would bang into it.

PICS?!?!?
- J

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #81396 Previous topic | Next topic