Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #5871
View in linear mode

Subject: "saw an old guy driving a modded 1g" Previous topic | Next topic
Moderatorcs82685Mar-21-06 07:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5871, "saw an old guy driving a modded 1g"

It's always nice to see an older guy that isn't strictly american muscle, it puts a smile on your face. He looked like sean connery at least 50+ yrs old. Anyways couldn't tell if it was AWD or not but it had a nice big front mount and exhaust. Just thought I'd share my exciting moment of the day.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: saw an old guy driving a modded 1g, scothern, Mar-21-06 07:24 AM, #1
RE: saw an old guy driving a modded 1g, EvMan2345, Mar-21-06 07:33 AM, #2
      RE: saw an old guy driving a modded 1g, Nine5eclipse03, Mar-21-06 08:45 AM, #3
           RE: saw an old guy driving a modded 1g, cougar694u, Mar-21-06 08:51 AM, #4
                RE: saw an old guy driving a modded 1g, Erik, Mar-21-06 09:40 AM, #5
                     RE: saw an old guy driving a modded 1g, Moderator992gnt, Mar-21-06 02:43 PM, #6

scothernMar-21-06 07:24 AM
Member since Jul 07th 2002
998 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5873, "RE: saw an old guy driving a modded 1g"
In response to Reply # 0

I bet it was his kids car. He must have borrowed it because his Camry broke down.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

99 Eclipse RS

"Can't we all just hit a Bong"?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

EvMan2345Mar-21-06 07:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
#5875, "RE: saw an old guy driving a modded 1g"
In response to Reply # 1

i was going to say the same- my mom took my car twice because i needed her van- people started hitting on her on the road- she found it funny. Prob his kids car

Evan B
92 TSI
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Nine5eclipse03Mar-21-06 08:45 AM
Member since Oct 11th 2004
335 posts,
#5883, "RE: saw an old guy driving a modded 1g"
In response to Reply # 2

My mom borrowed the stealth the other day to go to the store because i was parked behind her. When she got back, she told me that she thought she broke something, a nasty vacuum leak or something every time she shifted lol.

Don't sell your car to 16 year olds...

95 Eclipse RS - Sold for 6k, totalled three days later
91 Dodge Stealth R/T TT - 3" exhaust w/ no cats, eurethane motor mounts, 300M unbreakable output shaft, kevlar faced clutch, turbo XS BOV, 99 3000gt front conversion, carbon fiber hood. Dyno'd at 386hp. - SOLD! for 5k
98 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab 4x4 black on black.

cougar694uMar-21-06 08:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#5885, "RE: saw an old guy driving a modded 1g"
In response to Reply # 3

I traded with my mom for a week (I used her impala to go out of town) and she said every guy would haul ass up to see the chick driving a yellow mustang with deep dish rims. She said it was 'zippy', HA!

You never know, though. There was a guy on my street when i was growing up that had like 5 of the old Z cars (datsuns at the time) and another guy had a few civics.

He was probably one of those hippy hot-rodders from back in the day and was anti-american or something so he only modded foreign cars.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

ErikMar-21-06 09:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1536 posts,
#5889, "RE: saw an old guy driving a modded 1g"
In response to Reply # 4

My dad drives a modded 1.8t Jetta. He's 50. I don't think it's as uncommon as we think. He's actually shelled out some bucks to pay bills so I could keep my broke down 2g.

Moderator992gntMar-21-06 02:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
#5905, "RE: saw an old guy driving a modded 1g"
In response to Reply # 5

Us old guys can still drive cool cars, ya know?

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #5871 Previous topic | Next topic