Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #21485
View in linear mode

Subject: "Your Future...." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorbullettdsmFeb-28-07 11:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21485, "Your Future...."

Luke posted something the other day that rang especially true;

Originally posted by cougar694u
You'll mod ANY vehicle you own, it's in your blood. It's in ALL our blood.

Thought I would share this with you guys. Doing an LSD swap this weekend (my day off to do with as I please) and I stood up and saw this;

http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=4880614

The two tranny's apart in the foreground go with the 420a. The three full engines in the background; 9.6 comp FP red 6bolt, stocker 7 bolt (going in the 94 AWD in the background), 420a "to be built" (and this is just my hobby ).

This shit get's in your blood. You'll always come back, MUAHAHAHA

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Your Future...., Moderatorcs82685, Feb-28-07 11:59 AM, #1
RE: Your Future...., totaleklipse97, Feb-28-07 01:07 PM, #2
      RE: Your Future...., TeamDR1665, Feb-28-07 01:19 PM, #3
           RE: Your Future...., edxmon, Feb-28-07 02:48 PM, #4
           RE: Your Future...., cougar694u, Mar-01-07 02:42 AM, #10
           RE: Your Future...., slowmitsu, Feb-28-07 02:49 PM, #5
                RE: Your Future...., totaleklipse97, Feb-28-07 03:52 PM, #6
                RE: Your Future...., RSClipse9d7, Feb-28-07 05:22 PM, #7
                     RE: Your Future...., goalie40, Feb-28-07 07:19 PM, #8
                RE: Your Future...., Moderatorbullettdsm, Mar-01-07 12:00 AM, #9

Moderatorcs82685Feb-28-07 11:59 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21487, "RE: Your Future...."
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-28-07 12:00 PM by cs82685

haha damn Mark I think I see some room where you can fit another engine or two in the back there

What's funny is I think that's how it turns out for all men no matter what there hobby is. My father has the garage full of model trains and airplanes. A car hasn't seen the inside since early 90's, lol.

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

totaleklipse97Feb-28-07 01:07 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#21489, "RE: Your Future...."
In response to Reply # 1

Very true, as much as I want to get away from this car, I hold onto hopes that one day.. it will be what it SHOULD BE. I keep thinking about what my next car is going to be and instantly think about what I can do to it. So far I'm leaning to a black Audi A4 or S4 quattro (manual trans). Already thinking, tinted windows, tastefully lowered and of course.. fast!

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

TeamDR1665Feb-28-07 01:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#21490, "RE: Your Future...."
In response to Reply # 2

It's not so much that we aren't happy with what we've got as it is that we're wanting more toys! I'm done messing with Daisy for a while. I'm going to let her collect dust in the garage for most of this year. Meanwhile, the Galant is a fine daily driver and I can tinker with it to build the rally program as I feel like it.

Car guys rule.

edxmonFeb-28-07 02:48 PM
Member since Jul 26th 2005
1006 posts,
#21491, "RE: Your Future...."
In response to Reply # 3
Feb-28-07 02:48 PM by edxmon

Ah, I 'member this picsher and I <3 it very much!

Originally posted by turbo8u
his girl kept looking out and down my car like uh ok we're in this 100 whatever thousand dollar car and that little whatever it is just raped us.... turbo screamed past the window like a vortex of ownage :-P robbing his engine of all the air around, and thats how i like it

Originally posted by ez
I came across a huge sack of walnuts in my grandmas garage - I better make use of them.

I contributed to the wiki! My Page: edxmon

cougar694uMar-01-07 02:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#21502, "RE: Your Future...."
In response to Reply # 4
Mar-01-07 02:44 AM by cougar694u

Originally posted by edxmon
Ah, I 'member this picsher and I <3 it very much!

I don't see anything but a 'no hotlink image'.

It must root back to our caveman days of just hunting and gathering shit. Think about it, we hunt for the parts we want and somehow gather way more shit than we need.

I have a set of heads, pistons, rods, cam & lifters, 3 trannies, 2 intakes, 2 carbs, and lord knows what else, laying around from the cougar. I don't need any of it, but I keep it. Why? I don't fuckin know, it's all stuff I took off the cougar that I won't use again.

I have 2 radiators, an oil cooler, complete transmission, complete clutch basket, and a large box of parts for the busa. I hang on to them because....well...you never know.

I still have a big box and small box of left over parts (multiple coils, fly wheels, engine to trans spacers, etc) from the 2gnt I don't even own anymore, but I keep them just in case.

Hell, I felt bad when I threw away the factory intake tube from my mustang, but WTF am I going to do with it????

What's worse? I pulled the snorkel & air silencer out of the airbox of my yukon and put them on a shelf along with other misc parts.

Don't even get me started on computer parts.

I think the scientific name is 'packus ratus'.

**EDIT**
And I'm not going to get into the time I worked til sunrise so I could call a dealer in FL (because they're open before local shops by an entire hour!) to ask about parts, and countless times I stayed up all night, called in sick to work, or skipped school to work on something.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

slowmitsuFeb-28-07 02:49 PM
Member since May 26th 2005
343 posts,
#21492, "RE: Your Future...."
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by DR1665
Car guys rule.

January 2006 issue of Sport Compact Car. There's an article named "25 ways to live like a car guy". Pretty funny article but #20 rang really true. And I quote:

"#20: Wrench all night - As enthusiasts we have a skewed sense of perspective. For example, the pure agony of staying up all night with gear lube in your hair and brake fluid soaking through your skin is a special kind of suffering that only geeks like us could find endearing. And, while those experiences are pure hell as they're happening, the romance of remembering them months later often overwhelms the reality of enduring to begin with. It's a curse you can only truly appreciate as a genuine car guy."

_______

BPU'd skittle

totaleklipse97Feb-28-07 03:52 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#21493, "RE: Your Future...."
In response to Reply # 5

I remember a few days before one shootout I stayed up all night putting on my big brakes. Somehow we got fuxered over and a bleeder screw broke off and we were up until 5am trying to extract it. Little did I know I was supposed to work at 7am that same day.. Got home and called off of work "sick" went back and finished what I started while I was supposed to be at work. One of those things I'll always remember about this damn car. Or that one time I redid the timing and replaced the cam seals in the rain in my friends driveway.. with the tools that were in my trunk at the time. Oh what memories haha!

-----------------------------------

My DSM registry.......Powered By Exile Racing
VW= The joy of driving
DSM= The frustration of fixing

The wonders of 2gnt chat:

‹totaleklipse97› so what benefits do i get from being ur e-boyfriend
‹Jen› uh... the honor?
‹totaleklipse97› somehow i guess i got that title now
‹Jen› somehow.....

RSClipse9d7Feb-28-07 05:22 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
915 posts,
#21495, "RE: Your Future...."
In response to Reply # 6

The time George (Powereclipses) and I were swapping his exhaust will never be forgotten. We were under the car for hours. We finally got yelled by his parents (16 at the time) to go inside because we were making too much noise. So we washed up, and started to eat some brownies. He complained that his nose hurt, so I told him to blow it. What was in that tissue was a disgusting blend of road dirt/dust, snot, and blood. Lots, and lots of blood. He was blowing that crap out for days. In school I would ask for updates on the ratio of foreign matter to what was supposed to be in his nose.

Good times? No, great times.

97 RS- Runs, but never driven
2000 Subaru Outback- Daily Driver

goalie40Feb-28-07 07:19 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#21499, "RE: Your Future...."
In response to Reply # 7

hehe I took a half day at work so I could come home and clean out my new garage I just got 2 stainless work tables.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

ModeratorbullettdsmMar-01-07 12:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2676 posts,
#21501, "RE: Your Future...."
In response to Reply # 5
Mar-01-07 12:01 AM by bullettdsm

Originally posted by slowmitsu
"#20: Wrench all night - As enthusiasts we have a skewed sense of perspective. For example, the pure agony of staying up all night with gear lube in your hair and brake fluid soaking through your skin is a special kind of suffering that only geeks like us could find endearing. And, while those experiences are pure hell as they're happening, the romance of remembering them months later often overwhelms the reality of enduring to begin with. It's a curse you can only truly appreciate as a genuine car guy."

Brings tears to my eyes (sniffle). But true dat.

Originally posted by DR1665
I'm done messing with Daisy for a while. I'm going to let her collect dust in the garage for most of this year.

Heh heh, uh huh, sure.....

The pic loses something as the size get's smaller but;

Captain Caveman

96 RS Turbo 11.414 @ 119.62 MSNS, Crower 2 NA cams, BW366, 10.5 comp, UDP, 60mm TB, W/A intercooler, 3.55 tranny 567.9whp 430tq
97 RS NA 13.188 @ 103.87 MSnS powered 12.5 comp, Crower 3's and 219.4whp with 175tq
98 RS DD 12.5 comp on stock ECU, LTH, Crower 2's, Koni, GC, Hypercoil, DG hats
99 OZ 5sp Stocker 15.856 @ 85.97
99 GS stocker auto 17.7@77mph!

wiki home page:http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=bullettdsm

Top Team 2GNT Community The Pits v3.1 topic #21485 Previous topic | Next topic