Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11388
View in linear mode

Subject: "H&R springs anyone has them" Previous topic | Next topic
250lemansAug-09-02 03:48 AM
Member since Jul 11th 2002
257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11388, "H&R springs anyone has them"

i want any + or - feedback on them i know it's a good brand but you never know and they lower 1.3-1.7 is that true
thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: H&R springs anyone has them, UFO, Aug-09-02 08:34 AM, #1
RE: H&R springs anyone has them, JZA69, Aug-09-02 09:01 AM, #2
      RE: H&R springs anyone has them, 97RS, Aug-09-02 09:18 AM, #3
           RE: H&R springs anyone has them, Teameclipse804, Aug-09-02 09:20 AM, #4
                RE: H&R springs anyone has them, taloniized, Aug-09-02 10:12 AM, #5
                     RE: H&R springs anyone has them, xEclipsE RaceRx, Aug-09-02 05:06 PM, #6
                          RE: H&R springs anyone has them, 250lemans, Aug-09-02 05:18 PM, #7
                               RE: H&R springs anyone has them, JZA69, Aug-10-02 03:23 AM, #8
                                    RE: H&R springs anyone has them, JZA69, Aug-10-02 03:26 AM, #9
                                         RE: H&R springs anyone has them, 250lemans, Aug-11-02 04:24 PM, #10
                                              RE: H&R springs anyone has them, JZA69, Aug-11-02 04:42 PM, #11
                                                   RE: H&R springs anyone has them, phatGS, Aug-13-02 06:28 AM, #12
                                                        RE: H&R springs anyone has them, 250lemans, Aug-13-02 05:26 PM, #13
                                                             RE: H&R springs anyone has them, phatGS, Aug-14-02 06:03 AM, #14

UFOAug-09-02 08:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
87 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11389, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 0

I had H&R Race Spring (Red). For me, I like them.
I think they lowed the car more than the sport one.
About ride comfort, I've never been in the car with other brands, so, I've no idea.

2G UFO
Savannah, GA

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JZA69Aug-09-02 09:01 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
373 posts,
#11390, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 1

I had H%R OEM springs...I liked them although they dont provide much a drop... I had to get rid of them because I was dragging my Apex'I N1 on the roadways in Md..... They stiffen the ride well but the drop is not very noticble unless ur on steep dri\veways.... Hope that helps.

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Front-Rear-Lower Rear STB's
Yellow Painted Calipers
1st gen altezzas with original painted center piece
Soon-Tokico Illum's or Blues

97RSAug-09-02 09:18 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2001
318 posts,
#11391, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 2

I just had H&R Sport srpings installed a few days ago. I love the way they look and the ride isnt bad IMO even on the stock struts. My car looks about 200x better too lol.

Teameclipse804Aug-09-02 09:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#11392, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 3

Ya I had the H&R OEM Sports and liked them. The Race ones have a harsher ride and some people don't like them.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

taloniizedAug-09-02 10:12 AM
Member since Apr 24th 2002
786 posts,
#11393, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 4

I have the H&R springs. 2" drop in the front and 1.75" in the rear. It's a little rough, but that's how it is.

1995 Eagle Talon Esi
14.4 @ 102MPH
Speedworld Motorplex
Phoenix, Arizona

xEclipsE RaceRxAug-09-02 05:06 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#11394, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 5

I jus put my H&R Race Springs with Tokico Blues...and all I can say is DIAMN...I LOVE EM! great drop...its LOW, but still drivable(well in this city neways)

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/Drop/

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

250lemansAug-09-02 05:18 PM
257 posts,
#11395, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 6

all were + comments so i'm geting them what i like is that they drop in beetween the eibach
how long will it take to install at a shop i'm not mechanic
do i need camber kit for this would you recommend it?
thanks for the responses

JZA69Aug-10-02 03:23 AM
373 posts,
#11396, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 7

You have to remember that H&R sells 3 different spring setups for our cars....The OEM's are like a 1" drop which are the ones i had....the Sports which are like a 1.7" drop which i think most people with H&R's have and the Race Springs which are like a 2" drop......Eibachs drop between 1.3" and 1.8" depending on which springs you get....In my opinion, you wouldnt be bad off going with either manufacturer.

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Yellow Painted Calipers

JZA69Aug-10-02 03:26 AM
373 posts,
#11397, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 8

and...I am not a mechanic either....Just print out the directions from the 2gnt main page... and clear yourself a nice day on the weekend to pull it off. I would guess that you could save yourself at least 75 bucks by doing it yourself...I had prices as high as 200 to put my stuff on.. As far as the alignment goes, it all depends on which springs you go with... The bigger the drop, the more you are going to have to correct for.

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Yellow Painted Calipers

250lemansAug-11-02 04:24 PM
257 posts,
#11398, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 9

yeah i'd love too sounds great but i don't think the manager of the apts where i live has the same idea it's either a mechanic orget kick out

JZA69Aug-11-02 04:42 PM
373 posts,
#11399, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 10

they wont let u do it there? I did mine in my apartment lot...anyway, back to the topic....I would check out a suspension shop or something to that effect...Search around for the cheapest rates.....ask people on this board because honestly, I havent paid to get mine done so the pricing is just a guess for me.
Jza69

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Yellow Painted Calipers

phatGSAug-13-02 06:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#11400, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 11

I think corbin installed his turbo kit in his apt. parking lot, don't think you'd have any trouble with puttin in your springs...

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

250lemansAug-13-02 05:26 PM
257 posts,
#11401, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 12

yes i will my buddy (integra) got kick out because he was doing his timing belt it took him some hours and she saw him several times
the manager is really extrict i'd ask her if i could but i know the answer already

phatGSAug-14-02 06:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#11402, "RE: H&R springs anyone has them"
In response to Reply # 13

damn.... that's rough...

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #11388 Previous topic | Next topic