Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #17229
View in linear mode

Subject: "ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures" Previous topic | Next topic
Super20GMar-12-02 08:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17229, "ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"

I got my intake manifold and throttlebody back in the mail today. Looks pretty good to me, well worth the $$$ spent, it was bored over, bigger butterfly vlave, and the manifold was ported/polished and gasket matched. Here are a few pics, and a few bonus pics of the dissarray of my car

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, 99GS, Mar-12-02 08:26 AM, #1
RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, Super20G, Mar-12-02 03:48 PM, #2
      RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, 99GS, Mar-12-02 04:30 PM, #3
           RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, vegasdsmr, Mar-12-02 06:41 PM, #4
                RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Mar-12-02 07:16 PM, #5
                     RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, RAIZIN, Mar-12-02 08:47 PM, #6
                          RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, CVedEclipse, Mar-12-02 09:17 PM, #7
                               RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, evan2, Mar-13-02 12:29 AM, #8
RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, Avenger EST, Mar-13-02 01:20 AM, #9
RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, Kaptain_Mike (Guest), Mar-13-02 01:31 AM, #10
      RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, damasta, Mar-13-02 08:47 AM, #11
           RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-13-02 08:55 AM, #12
                RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, iamnotwhoiam, Mar-13-02 01:34 PM, #13
                RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, Super20G, Mar-13-02 01:43 PM, #14
                     RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures, optimuspeterson, Mar-13-02 02:16 PM, #15
                     RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Attn, Super20G, damasta, Mar-16-02 12:19 PM, #16
                          RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Attn, Super20G, TeamMichael_97RS, Mar-16-02 01:30 PM, #17
                               RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Attn, Super20G, damasta, Mar-16-02 03:03 PM, #18
                                    RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Attn, Super20G, iamnotwhoiam, Mar-16-02 03:16 PM, #19
                                         RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Attn, Super20G, 96venger, Mar-16-02 03:31 PM, #20
                                              RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Attn, Super20G, Super20G, Mar-17-02 03:53 AM, #21

99GSMar-12-02 08:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
458 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17230, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 0

What diameter did they bore the TB out to?

Eric Madden

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Super20GMar-12-02 03:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17231, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 1

he said he was making it as big as he could and if it wouldnt hold an idle, let him know, can i measure it accurately somehow? here is a pic of my manifold i got back from my uncle, he worked it over and she's smooth as a baby's bottom now, hehe.

99GSMar-12-02 04:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
458 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17232, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 2

Let us know if you have any idle problems. Can you see any light between the throttle plate and the throttle body, when the throttle plate is closed? Can you get the throttle plate in custom colors...hehe (j/k).

Eric Madden

vegasdsmrMar-12-02 06:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#17233, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 3

right on!!! i luv seein pix of your shit, since its pimp in all catagories i can think of.

id trade you mines for yours any day, even if yours was all torn apart like it is in them pix.

i know u will post away once u get her back on the road about your experiences, so i wont even ask.

tia, and good luck

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

ModeratorEvuLFleAMar-12-02 07:16 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#17234, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 4

Crazy man.

You told me, but I of course forgot, but how much does ARD charge for porting the tb and how much for intake P&P?

I refered someone local to ARD because they sound like a great group of people (even though they are from Houston) and everyone sounds pleased with their products/services.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

RAIZINMar-12-02 08:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
775 posts,
#17235, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 5

ARD? they're right here in daygo.

www.ardperformance.com

CVedEclipseMar-12-02 09:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#17236, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 6

looks great.. man im with sean, i love seeing the progress with your car.. its probably one of my favs on the board, and its not even put back together yet! good shit, keep it up.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

evan2Mar-13-02 12:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3903 posts,
#17237, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 7

Rick they are a different group of people.
different ARD

looks good brad , now hurry up and let us know how it works.
i want to send my extra Tb and im trying to get a extra intake mani to send over to them.

i know what brad payed but ill let him give out that info

I love dino and 2gnt. ####ers (my word) bliz stole it but i let him borrow it

Avenger ESTMar-13-02 01:20 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
658 posts,
#17238, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 0

looks good. I didn't know you were a GRMember too hehehehehe.

A.D.P.
bring it on............

A.D.P.
"...If you do too much, people become dependant. If you do to little, people loose hope. If you do it right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
bring it on...........

Kaptain_Mike (Guest)Mar-13-02 01:31 AM

#17239, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 9

gawddamn i love that car.

damastaMar-13-02 08:47 AM
Member since Dec 16th 2001
302 posts,
#17240, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 10

Yeah Yeah Yeah, how much for P&P upper and lower manifold, and boring the TB? What was the actual turn around time, when you sent it in and when you got it back.

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-13-02 08:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#17241, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 11

it's $80 for the intake manifold. i do not know what they are charging for the TB.

Rick, this ARD is Advanced Racing Dynamics - we just call them ARD for short. it's not ARD Performance from Daygo.... i don't think. Brad, who did you send your intake/TB to? Was it ARD in Houston, or the ardperformance in daygo?

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

iamnotwhoiamMar-13-02 01:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#17242, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 12

he sent it to ARD here.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

Super20GMar-13-02 01:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
#17243, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 12

ARD in Houston. It was 150 bucks for everything they did, which was a pretty fair price I think, I am happy with the quailty. I sent it in, once they recieved it, took them about a week to send me a tracking number on the return. Worked out real good. Man, I just took everything over to get it all powdercoated today. I took a lot of shit, some of the major pieces are the tb, intake manifold, intake side of turbo, fuel rail, battery stand, pole that holds hood up, all the intercooler piping, the metal heater hose sections, the metal piece around where you pop the hood open at, etc.... and a bunch of other small shit, every metal piece i could take off pretty much, since i have the powdercoat hookup, or reasonable hookup... It should be some pretty pimp shit when i get everything re-installed. I'll probably be posting some questions when my Quaife and CM STG 4 get to my door, as i have never taken a tranny bellhousing apart before yum yum, one question i do have and can think of now is i am gonna degrease the outside of this dirty ass tranny, but can i degrease the inside, where the clutch bolts upto, where the shaft is? its all gooey in there from oil residue buildup n shit, can i clean it all out, and make sure i regrease the fulcrum, shaft, etc...?

optimuspetersonMar-13-02 02:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#17244, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Review/Pictures"
In response to Reply # 14

damn dude i thought i was getting a lot of shit powder caoted. i never even thought of the fuel rail. at least mines going to be a different color

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

damastaMar-16-02 12:19 PM
302 posts,
#17245, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Attn, Super20G"
In response to Reply # 14

Hey, I waiting for an upper and lower intake manifold and throttle body right now; can you tell me what exactly you had ARD do for you? You mentioned " was bored over, bigger butterfly valve, and the manifold was ported/polished and gasket matched," is that what I should tell them I want done? Will they give me the same price? I'm currently (and plan to stay for some time) N/A, should the TB only be bored to 55mm?

Here's an idea, duh, how do I contact them? Email, phone number, website, anything.

TIA

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

TeamMichael_97RSMar-16-02 01:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#17246, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Attn, Super20G"
In response to Reply # 16

http://www.advancedracingdynamics.com the contact info is there. Just tell them you want p&p manifold, gasket matched, and send them the gaskets. And a bored TB.

Una salus victus.
It's not about being invincible, it's about being ready; for anything.

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Crane Fireball HI-6DI2, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold 1/2, Rear disc brake conversion kit w/, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors & Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads, SS Brake Lines

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

damastaMar-16-02 03:03 PM
302 posts,
#17247, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Attn, Super20G"
In response to Reply # 17

That link doesn't go to anything, are you sure it's right?

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

Coo'
alex_ries@hotmail.com

iamnotwhoiamMar-16-02 03:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#17248, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Attn, Super20G"
In response to Reply # 18

their site is down right now.. being worked on and remodled.. just email them at the addy listed on the bottom of my sig.

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

96vengerMar-16-02 03:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
#17249, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Attn, Super20G"
In response to Reply # 19

what is and what does gasket matching do??

Mark Dollar
Stage 3-4 Turbo
See my White Avenger @
WWW.Armond30.com

Super20GMar-17-02 03:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2545 posts,
#17250, "RE: ARD Intake Manifold TB Attn, Super20G"
In response to Reply # 20

Gasket matching opens up the runners to the size of the stock gaskets, giving you more airflow.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #17229 Previous topic | Next topic