Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #29397
View in linear mode

Subject: "(Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???" Previous topic | Next topic
JohnnyCoronaAug-04-02 11:48 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2002
780 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29397, "(Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???"

I searched the entire forum. My check engine light is on. isnt there a way to read a code by turning the ingition on and off and on and off???

-johnny

"Few people understand
the psychology of dealing
with a highway traffic cop.
Normal speeders will panic
and immidiately pull over to
the side. This is wrong. It
arouses content in the cop
heart. Make the bastard
chase you, he will follow..."

http://homepage.mac.com/
johnnycorona/signature/logo.jpg

-johnny

"Few people understand
arouses co

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???, DSMRoadster, Aug-04-02 12:34 PM, #1
RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???, Dave_FL, Aug-04-02 12:35 PM, #2
RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???, john9785, Aug-04-02 12:47 PM, #3
      RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???, DSMRoadster, Aug-04-02 01:40 PM, #4
           RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???, jsupetran, Aug-04-02 02:08 PM, #5
                RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???, eclipser99RS, Aug-04-02 03:39 PM, #6
                     RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???, JohnnyCorona, Aug-05-02 02:31 AM, #7
                          RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???, Chowmane99, Aug-05-02 03:04 AM, #8
                               RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???, JZA69, Aug-16-02 08:22 AM, #9
                                    RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???, JZA69, Aug-16-02 08:23 AM, #10

DSMRoadsterAug-04-02 12:34 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29398, "RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???"
In response to Reply # 0

put key in on-off-on-off-on. leave it at on, wait few seconds and cel will blink. count how many times it does. will be slight pause before it shoots out second set of number.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Dave_FLAug-04-02 12:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3317 posts,
#29399, "RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???"
In response to Reply # 0

What year eclipse do you have?

Dave
05 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

john9785Aug-04-02 12:47 PM
Member since Jun 06th 2002
4 posts,
#29400, "RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???"
In response to Reply # 2

once u know it, where do u go to check the code

DSMRoadsterAug-04-02 01:40 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#29401, "RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???"
In response to Reply # 3

theres a page on this sight.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

jsupetranAug-04-02 02:08 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#29402, "RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???"
In response to Reply # 4

you could do the key thing or go to autozone and they check it for free.

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

eclipser99RSAug-04-02 03:39 PM
Member since Mar 21st 2002
33 posts,
#29403, "RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???"
In response to Reply # 5

Ya dude got to autozone its free and also check the gas cap you gotta turn it like 2-4 times, or else you get the light. I hate that since I almost got jacked $70 bucks by Satan to check the ECU.

ECLIPSE 5 SPEED

ENGINE:
COLD AIR INTAKE/ AIR FILTER
INTERIOR:
KENWOOD SOUND SYSTEM
1400 WATT AMP
12" Pioneer sub
INDIGLO GAUGES
WHEELS:
16" CHROME RIMS

COMING SOON:
CATBACK EXHAUST
HEADERS
SPRINGS/SHOCKS & STRUTS

JohnnyCoronaAug-05-02 02:31 AM
Member since Mar 23rd 2002
780 posts,
#29404, "RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???"
In response to Reply # 6

its not blinking at all. is there any timing to this? i tried many different ways of on-off-on-off-on. when you say on do you mean start the car? and is off=off or accessory? i tried every way i could think of but the check engine light just stays solid ON. never blinks

-johnny

"Few people understand
arouses content in the cop
heart. Make the bastard
chase you, he will follow..."

http://homepage.mac.com/
johnnycorona/signature/logo.jpg

-johnny

"Few people understand
arouses co

Chowmane99Aug-05-02 03:04 AM
Member since Mar 28th 2002
391 posts,
#29405, "RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???"
In response to Reply # 7

Hey,

Why don't you just go to Autozone (If you have one in your area).
They do free Diagnostic Check.

It's take about 10 seconds - all they do is plug in there pocker logger and read the code.

Best of all it's Free. Satan will charge you $70.00+ for this.

Later,

Mike
98 Eclipse Spyder

JZA69Aug-16-02 08:22 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
373 posts,
#29406, "RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???"
In response to Reply # 8

The key dance doesnt work if you have a 99 I believe...If you have an earlier car then this is how you do it.... Turn your key to the on position....(The one right before where the car would turn over) then turn it to off then back to on then back to off then back to on.....It should stay on for a few seconds then go off for a few seconds then begin to do the key dance...Count the blinks... A longer wait between blinks means taht its the next number Ie. 3 blinks then 2 blinks means a 32 code....It will end with 5 blinks then 5 blinks meaning that you are done reading the codes... Then go to the main page and look up which code you have....

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Front-Rear-Lower Rear STB's
Yellow Painted Calipers
1st gen altezzas with original painted center piece
Soon-Tokico Illum's or Blues

JZA69Aug-16-02 08:23 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
373 posts,
#29407, "RE: (Check Engine Ligh ON) How do I check engine codes???"
In response to Reply # 9

By the way... When i say off i mean all the way to off... Ie. Where you would normally pull the key out of the ignition....

1997 Eclipse GS
AEM CAI
Apex'i N1 Catback
Greddy Header
5% window tint
Front-Rear-Lower Rear STB's
Yellow Painted Calipers
1st gen altezzas with original painted center piece
Soon-Tokico Illum's or Blues

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #29397 Previous topic | Next topic