Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7325
View in linear mode

Subject: "clutch swaps - what works for us?" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipserst3Aug-15-08 05:09 PM
Member since Jan 26th 2006
204 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7325, "clutch swaps - what works for us?"

ok, i searched and read and my eyes are almost bleeding. i want to know how much boost/power you guys got and what clutch you use to put it down cause my clutch slips at 17psi on the 60mm and i need a stronger one. i know the neon conversion will work but what about an srt? has anyone used a srt clutch and neon flywheele? i want to do something quick and want to dich the modular "stage 1" setup. tia!

got that megasquirt!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?, eclipserst3, Aug-16-08 10:23 PM, #1
RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?, foggy45, Aug-17-08 04:05 PM, #2
      RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?, eclipserst3, Aug-17-08 06:28 PM, #3
RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?, barza21, Aug-17-08 09:27 PM, #4
RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?, justins71, Aug-18-08 02:30 PM, #5
      RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?, eclipserst3, Aug-19-08 08:02 PM, #6
           RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Aug-27-08 05:32 AM, #7
                RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?, eclipserst3, Aug-27-08 03:05 PM, #8

eclipserst3Aug-16-08 10:23 PM
204 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7326, "RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?"
In response to Reply # 0

ok, i think i have the answer. i'm gonna go with the neon non-modular setup with the clutchnet 4 puck disk and i'm not sure what pp i'm gonna use yet.

got that megasquirt!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

foggy45Aug-17-08 04:05 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#7327, "RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?"
In response to Reply # 1

get an audi/vw pp from clutchnet as well

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

eclipserst3Aug-17-08 06:28 PM
204 posts,
#7328, "RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?"
In response to Reply # 2

huh! details, please? an oe or should i say what color? what year and trim level?

got that megasquirt!

barza21Aug-17-08 09:27 PM
Member since Oct 09th 2006
313 posts,
#7329, "RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by eclipserst3
ok, i searched and read and my eyes are almost bleeding. i want to know how much boost/power you guys got and what clutch you use to put it down cause my clutch slips at 17psi on the 60mm and i need a stronger one. i know the neon conversion will work but what about an srt? has anyone used a srt clutch and neon flywheele? i want to do something quick and want to dich the modular "stage 1" setup. tia!

If you wanna do a conversion just get a sohc neon tranny which has the taller gears and keep the modular clutch, there is really no need to change it.

If you are thinking about using a srt4 tranny, forget it, there is something about our axles not fitting with that tranny, so its not a option, a quick search would had answered this question.

as for the non modular set up, I think I read some where that you might need a 1995 neon flywheel if you want to run non modular, don't quote me on that though, that info might be wrong.

To give you an idea, and this is what they recommended for me, I called southbend clutches and I told them my goal is 425-475 whp, so they recommended me getting a FE stage 4 clutch.

keep in mind my set up includes 25-30psi, and a gt35r... so it would be a little different for you depending on your set up.

hope this helped.

Oscar

I wish I had blown it, believe me, I do...

justins71Aug-18-08 02:30 PM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#7332, "RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?"
In response to Reply # 4
Aug-18-08 02:36 PM by justins71

He wasn't talkin about using an SRT tranny, just the clutch assy.

If I were you I'd just go South Bend FE and be done. I've got the OFE stage 3 on 15 psi and it'll take every bit I can give it so far. the OFE stage 4 may be fine for you, but if you forsee goin all out in the future just get the FE. Stage 1 on about any clutch is practically stock torque level, so no suprise it's slippin

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

eclipserst3Aug-19-08 08:02 PM
204 posts,
#7333, "RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?"
In response to Reply # 5

i was about to buy a clutch when a kid sold me a turbo that i needed parts off of to fix my smoked one so the clutch is on hold at the moment. my set was to include a clutchnet sprung six puck and yellow pp with a resurfaced neon f/w and bolts from the local junkyard. any critisism will be appreciated.

got that megasquirt!

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneAug-27-08 05:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#7341, "RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?"
In response to Reply # 6

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Audi/VW_Pressure_Plate

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

eclipserst3Aug-27-08 03:05 PM
204 posts,
#7343, "RE: clutch swaps - what works for us?"
In response to Reply # 7

thats funny, i just found and read that and now i see the link you just posted. thanks man. i'm not sure yet if thats what i want to do. has anyone here ever had the friction point on thier clutch change day by day? i adjusted the new clutch master as far as it will go and still had to cut a half inch off the slave pushrod just so the clutch wont hold pressure but after driving on it the pos is still holding pressure. ??? for some reason with the clutch out the line still has pres.

got that megasquirt!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Manual Trans - NV-T350 topic #7325 Previous topic | Next topic