Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1480
View in linear mode

Subject: "MT VS. AT race" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMeclipseGSJul-15-02 04:49 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1480, "MT VS. AT race"

Who would win? A MT eclipse w/ CAI and muffler

OR

An AT eclipse w/ CAI, Full cat back exhaust and the Dodge Stratus drive gear mod

MODS:

HRC 16g turbo kit, Spearco custom FMIC, Custom IC piping, VT rebuilt engine: Custom 8.8:1 compression CP pistons, Eagle connecting rods, Melling oil pump, Clevite bearings, 370cc injectors, Vortech S-FMU, Apexi N-1 catback exhaust, AFX UDP, Autometer boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, EGT gauge, Corbin's digital A/F gauge, Tokico Blue shocks, Tein springs (1.5" drop), 18" Konig Verdicts rims, VIS stock-style Carbon fiber hood

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: MT VS. AT race, Doug96GS, Jul-15-02 04:43 PM, #1
RE: MT VS. AT race, j92, Jul-15-02 04:44 PM, #2
RE: MT VS. AT race, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-16-02 05:08 PM, #3
      RE: MT VS. AT race, Twiste, Jul-16-02 05:41 PM, #4
           RE: MT VS. AT race, DSMeclipseGS, Jul-17-02 02:41 AM, #5
                RE: MT VS. AT race, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-17-02 04:33 AM, #6
                     RE: MT VS. AT race, 9D9 MITSU RS, Jul-18-02 06:01 AM, #7
                          RE: MT VS. AT race, RIeclipse, Jul-22-02 11:11 AM, #8
                               RE: MT VS. AT race, endless73, Jul-23-02 08:40 PM, #9

Doug96GSJul-15-02 04:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1481, "RE: MT VS. AT race"
In response to Reply # 0

depends on the driver of the stick car. He/she should win.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

j92Jul-15-02 04:44 PM
Member since Jun 20th 2002
77 posts,
#1482, "RE: MT VS. AT race"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll say it first.. it depends on the driver of the MT. If he/she's a good driver, it'll probably beat the AT.

edit: someone beat me to it.. i'll say it *second*

Jay

Jay | Black '98 GS

AEM CAI ... NGK BKR6E-11 spark plugs ... Motor mount inserts (not yet installed) ... Test pipe (not yet installed) ... Apexi N1 muffler (not yet installed)

9D9 MITSU RSJul-16-02 05:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1483, "RE: MT VS. AT race"
In response to Reply # 2

what's the stratus drive gear mod?

TwisteJul-16-02 05:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2644 posts,
#1484, "RE: MT VS. AT race"
In response to Reply # 3

Its the mod where you find a broken down AT stratus and take their Final drive gear because it fits right into where the Eclipse AT drive gear goes. Much much better acceleration i hear. But what do i know, im MT.

2003 Acura RSX Type-S
15.042 @ 93.06
Devon
Creator of one of the longest and most controversial posts in 2gnt history...
http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=38&topic_id=112462&mesg_id=112462&page=

Originally posted by KaptainMyke
this is the greatest topic posting i have ever seen, in my entire life on the internet.

great story
great attempt at racism
dino goes batshit
i spilt my juice
i can't see my keyboard to type

this is great.

Originally posted by nappyjim
make sure you let her know what the dillyo is. just tell her you was the peanut butter and she was the jelly and that night, God decided to make a peanut butter n jelly sandwhich. But let her know God dont eat peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches everyday.

DSMeclipseGSJul-17-02 02:41 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
#1485, "RE: MT VS. AT race"
In response to Reply # 4

that's right. here's the link:

http://www.geocities.com/rbsounddesigns//finaldrivemod.html

MODS:

HRC 16g turbo kit, Spearco custom FMIC, Custom IC piping, VT rebuilt engine: Custom 8.8:1 compression CP pistons, Eagle connecting rods, Melling oil pump, Clevite bearings, 370cc injectors, Vortech S-FMU, Apexi N-1 catback exhaust, AFX UDP, Autometer boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, EGT gauge, Corbin's digital A/F gauge, Tokico Blue shocks, Tein springs (1.5" drop), 18" Konig Verdicts rims, VIS stock-style Carbon fiber hood

9D9 MITSU RSJul-17-02 04:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1486, "RE: MT VS. AT race"
In response to Reply # 5

wouldn't the top speed be decreased tho? Since acceleration picks up?

9D9 MITSU RSJul-18-02 06:01 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1487, "RE: MT VS. AT race"
In response to Reply # 6

also, by using your oem pinion shaft, wouldn't this be unaffected?

RIeclipseJul-22-02 11:11 AM
Member since Jul 03rd 2002
634 posts,
#1488, "RE: MT VS. AT race"
In response to Reply # 7

that would wear out your tran. right??

endless73Jul-23-02 08:40 PM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
#1489, "RE: MT VS. AT race"
In response to Reply # 8

the AT will get spanked...esp if i'm driving the MT! }>

Eclipse-15.621 @ 89.5 mph
M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?section=profile&username=endless73

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1480 Previous topic | Next topic