Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1551
View in linear mode

Subject: "GST VS. GS turbo" Previous topic | Next topic
DSMeclipseGSJul-28-02 07:34 AM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1551, "GST VS. GS turbo"

This guy (pretty cool guy) asked me if I wanted to race last week and said he was a stock RS. I raced him from a roll with a catback and CAI. Turns out he's a GST.....

Well I'll be getting my HRC stage 1 in 2 weeks. I'll have stage 1 turbo, catback, and since I'm auto, the final drive mod.

He has a GST with catback, K&N filter, running 10 PSI, 5speed.

Would it be safe to boost at 7 PSI? If so could I beat him?

MODS:

HRC 16g turbo kit, Spearco custom FMIC, Custom IC piping, VT rebuilt engine: Custom 8.8:1 compression CP pistons, Eagle connecting rods, Melling oil pump, Clevite bearings, 370cc injectors, Vortech S-FMU, Apexi N-1 catback exhaust, AFX UDP, Autometer boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, EGT gauge, Corbin's digital A/F gauge, Tokico Blue shocks, Tein springs (1.5" drop), 18" Konig Verdicts rims, VIS stock-style Carbon fiber hood

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: GST VS. GS turbo, 420AYE, Jul-28-02 02:07 PM, #1
RE: GST VS. GS turbo, Strauss, Jul-28-02 02:16 PM, #2
      RE: GST VS. GS turbo, superdavesgst, Jul-28-02 03:59 PM, #3
           RE: GST VS. GS turbo, DSMeclipseGS, Jul-28-02 04:55 PM, #4
                RE: GST VS. GS turbo, superdavesgst, Jul-29-02 09:59 AM, #5
                     RE: GST VS. GS turbo, pn0ymahal, Jul-30-02 06:26 PM, #6

420AYEJul-28-02 02:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1552, "RE: GST VS. GS turbo"
In response to Reply # 0

No. Unless he is a bad driver. Your being automatic almost imediately makes the decision. Then , he is boosting 3 psi, thats about 30hp. And you probably wouldn't be used to driving with the turbo. Then, he's got the cat and intake... Who knows...just race the liar.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

StraussJul-28-02 02:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
#1553, "RE: GST VS. GS turbo"
In response to Reply # 1

He is not running 10psi....

superdavesgstJul-28-02 03:59 PM
Member since Jun 22nd 2002
270 posts,
#1554, "RE: GST VS. GS turbo"
In response to Reply # 2

if its a gst its running 12 from the factory, with a boost controler he can do 16 or so , but when its close to redline itll drop to 12 again, it would be a close race if that guys got some stuff done to his car if hes an auto also, if not he'll kill you off the line and probley all the way though the race, later

2004 white mach1
k&n fipk,Meziere w/p,mac headers,o/r prochamber, bassani c/b, ported heads&intake,php 3/8" spacer,accel coils & hardcore wires, comp 106400 cams,03 cobra flywheel&clutch,456gear,FR 31spline axles & center diff. steeda shifter & quad adjuster

2001 svt lightning
magnaflow C/B,4lb lower,accufab t.b.,lfp E fan, FR waterpump,punisher VB,obx headers

DSMeclipseGSJul-28-02 04:55 PM
Member since Jan 21st 2002
932 posts,
#1555, "RE: GST VS. GS turbo"
In response to Reply # 3

Oh yeah... he is a stock turbo, meaning he is a 4g63.

The reason why I ask is because all the other guys there were poking fun at him every now and then. Supposedly he absolutely sucks at launching his car.

Wait I just reread your post. They come stock with 12 PSI? What the hell.... he said he had a boost controller set at 10.5 PSI. I don't know shit about stock 2g turbos but this isn't adding up????????

MODS:

HRC 16g turbo kit, Spearco custom FMIC, Custom IC piping, VT rebuilt engine: Custom 8.8:1 compression CP pistons, Eagle connecting rods, Melling oil pump, Clevite bearings, 370cc injectors, Vortech S-FMU, Apexi N-1 catback exhaust, AFX UDP, Autometer boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, EGT gauge, Corbin's digital A/F gauge, Tokico Blue shocks, Tein springs (1.5" drop), 18" Konig Verdicts rims, VIS stock-style Carbon fiber hood

superdavesgstJul-29-02 09:59 AM
Member since Jun 22nd 2002
270 posts,
#1556, "RE: GST VS. GS turbo"
In response to Reply # 4

well at redline a t25 in bad shape will only do about 10 pounds, but most do 12, most likey thats guys FOS<, if he had say maybe a t3/4oe, i could see him doin 10 pounds and being happy with factory fuel trim, but most liky that guys lying, he probley nothing more than a ricer in a cool car, i hope it crank walks, i on the other had didnt crank walk i spun a bearing, causing massive crank walk, yeah 9,000rpm baby yeah, ok..................i bored later

2004 white mach1
k&n fipk,Meziere w/p,mac headers,o/r prochamber, bassani c/b, ported heads&intake,php 3/8" spacer,accel coils & hardcore wires, comp 106400 cams,03 cobra flywheel&clutch,456gear,FR 31spline axles & center diff. steeda shifter & quad adjuster

2001 svt lightning
magnaflow C/B,4lb lower,accufab t.b.,lfp E fan, FR waterpump,punisher VB,obx headers

pn0ymahalJul-30-02 06:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#1557, "RE: GST VS. GS turbo"
In response to Reply # 5

stock 4g63 95-99 run 12psi from the factory.. so if he has a boost controller he cant go below 12psi of boost... check what kind of boost controller he has on his car, and also ask him to go for a ride in his car and to floor it so you can see his max boost if so... if he is running 16psi+ you better have a tuned stage 2 just to keep up or run with him.. he is a ass for lieing to you.. bring him to me ill race him.. }>

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine Real Racing topic #1551 Previous topic | Next topic