Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1008
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Hello" Previous topic | Next topic
zachg04Nov-16-07 11:13 AM
Member since Nov 16th 2007
5 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1008, "Hello"

Hey guys im new to DSM. I just recently bought a 95 eagle talon esi. I took the car to emissions and failed. I took the car to a local shop. The guy said the car failed due to the secondary air-switch solenoid. The guy basically told me to get rid of the car because he searched the local junkyards in the midwest and had no luck. I would really like to fix this problem. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-16-07 10:48 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1009, "RE: Hello"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by zachg04
secondary air-switch solenoid.

Take you car to the dealership and hand them TSB-9617002. They will remove the offending system and reflash the ecu to remove the code, usually without charge.

Otherwise, buy a reflashed late-model '95 ECU and remove the SPAI yourself.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

justins71Nov-19-07 09:01 AM
Member since Oct 25th 2007
466 posts,
#1010, "RE: Hello"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DarkOne
Take you car to the dealership and hand them TSB-9617002. They will remove the offending system and reflash the ecu to remove the code, usually without charge.

Yeah it's a recall - had my CEL on after I switch to turbo/downpipe, and they'll just put a resistor cap on the harness plug by your starter.

/>

'95 GS w/ t3/t4b
FMIC, diy piping & RFL BOV
MS2-Extra Fuel&Spark
50 lb/hr Holley injectors w/ 1:1 RRFPR
JE 8.8:1 dish w/ Hastings Rings
Eagle Rods w/ ARP bolts
ARP Head studs
Mild port/polish head
3" custom DP/cat section, 3" PIT catback
dual MBC - 12 psi / 20psi

ZardozNov-19-07 07:40 AM
Member since Nov 12th 2007
21 posts,
#1011, "RE: Hello"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know your mechanic from Adam, so this may not apply. But it's been my experience that when a mechanic starts telling you to get another car because he can't fix it that usually means it's time for a new mechanic. I've never had a good mechanic tell me I need a new car. Instead I've had 'em tell me it's gonna cost more to fix than the book value of the car then leave it up to me to decide. That's my $.02 worth.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

twackDec-08-07 12:58 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2007
50 posts,
#1012, "RE: Hello"
In response to Reply # 0

hi

Top Team 2GNT Community Introductions topic #1008 Previous topic | Next topic