Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #90250
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Fuel Pressure Regulator" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoROct-03-05 09:19 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90250, "Fuel Pressure Regulator"
Oct-03-05 09:32 AM by EclipseTenzoR

Can someone please help me out with this? Where do you mount it? And can someone illustrate in paint how it sets up. Im going to mount it around intake manifold but I am not sure what to do about the wiring of tubing and the steel return line yada yada. Please Help me 2gnt your my only hope...

Edit: Would it be easier and just as well to put the fuel pressure regulator in back of the car by the tank in replacement of the stock one? Please give me some more details.

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
eclipse982nrRSTOct-03-05 09:52 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90251, "RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator"
In response to Reply # 0

Here ya go:
http://imageshack.us>

Then when yuo take out the factory FPR, cut the hard supply line, and run a hose from that hard line to the supply nipple on the piece under the back seat.

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorcs82685Oct-03-05 09:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#90252, "RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator"
In response to Reply # 1

since its adjustable i would keep it in the engine bay so you don't have to crawl under the car to adjust fp since so many people have said the craptech fluctuates so much, then you also don't have to run a vac line under your car
here's a pic of where my sfmu is, just to the left of the intake manifold. i think the hahn fpr can be mounted in the same spot

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

eclipse982nrRSTOct-03-05 10:07 AM
6314 posts,
#90254, "RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by cs82685
since its adjustable i would keep it in the engine bay so you don't have to crawl under the car to adjust fp since so many people have said the craptech fluctuates so much, then you also don't have to run a vac line under your car here's a pic of where my sfmu is, just to the left of the intake manifold. i think the hahn fpr can be mounted in the same spot

Just like your sig says: custom ass i/c piping. Gotta love that shit bro

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

Moderatorcs82685Oct-03-05 10:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#90255, "RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator"
In response to Reply # 3

at least now its all painted to match so its not as ugly

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

youkickedmydogOct-03-05 04:03 PM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
#90269, "RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator"
In response to Reply # 4

Ya know whats great I just realised that I didnt buy enough fuel line for my sfmu, and I am tapped. SHIT.

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

jsupetranOct-03-05 04:33 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#90275, "RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator"
In response to Reply # 5
Oct-03-05 04:35 PM by jsupetran

Here is mine mounted where the windshield washer was. I could get the sfmu to fit even though it says it can in the HRC instructions so there it is mounted. I've since relocated the battery to the trunk so there is even more room, but it fits with the stock battery there. I do miss being able to squirt tail gaters and washing dead bugs off the windshield

EDIT: EclipseTenzoR, Holy shit your car looks HOT!!! Add an fmic on there and you are set!

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

EclipseTenzoROct-03-05 09:45 PM
2386 posts,
#90280, "RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator"
In response to Reply # 6
Oct-03-05 10:28 PM by EclipseTenzoR

Can someone explain in lamens terms how exactly the fpr is suppose to work accroding to the diagram above. I think the reason why I am having such a hard time understanding this install is because I don't quite understand the in depth function of the fpr. I know its suppose to raise pressure but how? It's partially vacume controlled rite? And a line comes off the fuel line goes from the fuel rail(fuel rail side near timing belt) and then a return line is going from the fpr back to the tank. What is this return line doing? How does the computer now to raise fuel pressure? I'm more confused than I thought or I am missing one critical piece of information

Jsupertran- thanks for the comment too.. My goal is to have a clean looking 2g just like yours.. I'll have a hahn fmic in a few months.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

EclipseTenzoROct-03-05 11:59 PM
2386 posts,
#90284, "RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator"
In response to Reply # 7

Also.. Am I suppose to remove my stock fpr or is the car still dependent on that. I did some more reading still not understanding everything but some places I have read said that yes you do need the stock regulator and some say no you dont. The only certanity I have come across was if you had the Vortech SFMU you could totally eliminate the stock regulator. So now my question is do I illimnate it anyway with the craptech? And where is the stock regulator located.

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

eclipse982nrRSTOct-04-05 12:59 AM
6314 posts,
#90285, "RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR
Also.. Am I suppose to remove my stock fpr or is the car still dependent on that. I did some more reading still not understanding everything but some places I have read said that yes you do need the stock regulator and some say no you dont. The only certanity I have come across was if you had the Vortech SFMU you could totally eliminate the stock regulator. So now my question is do I illimnate it anyway with the craptech? And where is the stock regulator located.

Yes Remove the stock FPR.

To understand the point of the rising FPR is pretty simple...
If you have a 4:1 Fpr, this means it raises the fuel pressure 4psi per pound of boost. Or a 1:1 FPR would be 1psi of fuel per pound of boost!

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

youkickedmydogOct-04-05 01:09 AM
Member since Aug 16th 2004
290 posts,
#90286, "RE: Fuel Pressure Regulator"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by EclipseTenzoR

I think your talking about 2 different things there is a fmu that needs the stock fpr and there is a fpr which needs to have the stock fpr removed.

Originally posted by oRACLe063
that not just any aluminum foil son !!! that reynolds wrap..lol its like the greddy of the aluminum foil world

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #90250 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Previous topic | Next topic