Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108685
View in threaded mode

Subject: "3 Inch Turboback exhaust with no muffler or resonator" Previous topic | Next topic
VendorRed90SevMay-08-11 11:07 PM
Member since Aug 28th 2010
261 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108685, "3 Inch Turboback exhaust with no muffler or resonator"

Hey, does anyone have a sound clip or input about a 3" turbo back with no resonators, mufflers, just straight pipe? I was looking at my muffler on my 3" exhaust, and it looks like it's not 3" like the rest of the system. I just wanted to hear some input from all of you with a straight 3" from turbo to tailpipe. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Ebster1085May-09-11 08:13 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2009
531 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#108686, "RE: 3 Inch Turboback exhaust with no muffler or resonator"
In response to Reply # 0

I could be wrong, but I could swear I found a video of this on YouTube once. Search on there and report back..

1999 Eclipse GS
Built motor
Hahn 16G Turbo w/ FMIC
Hahn Stage 5 Portfueler (270's & 500's)
Zeitronix Zt-2 wideband w/ 3.5bar MAP
3" SS Turbo Back
CM Stage 4 Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel
Baer Big Brake Kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bagged420aMay-09-11 12:11 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2009
107 posts,
#108687, "RE: 3 Inch Turboback exhaust with no muffler or resonator"
In response to Reply # 1

Why not just run a side exit out of your bumber?

jdm1990May-09-11 03:52 PM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
#108688, "RE: 3 Inch Turboback exhaust with no muffler or resonator"
In response to Reply # 2

it will sound loud.

VendorRed90SevMay-10-11 01:06 AM
261 posts,
#108689, "RE: 3 Inch Turboback exhaust with no muffler or resonator"
In response to Reply # 3

Well, I have a srt 4 and a full 3 inch exhaust and it's not too loud IMO. Wondered if it would sound close to the same. My srt sounds mean.

bagged420aMay-10-11 01:53 PM
107 posts,
#108690, "RE: 3 Inch Turboback exhaust with no muffler or resonator"
In response to Reply # 4

Is the SRT catless, muffler-less, and resonator-less?

Guinness97May-10-11 02:10 PM
Member since Dec 06th 2004
89 posts,
#108691, "RE: 3 Inch Turboback exhaust with no muffler or resonator"
In response to Reply # 5

When I had 3" turbo-back with Magnaflow cat, GReddy EVO exhaust it was not loud at all. I could hear the motor more then the exhaust at WOT. I liked the low deep rumble though, I hate loud obnoxious 4 cylnder exhausts. Turbo quiets the exhaust quite a bit and my cat made sure it wasn't raspy sounding.

bagged420aMay-10-11 02:45 PM
107 posts,
#108692, "RE: 3 Inch Turboback exhaust with no muffler or resonator"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Guinness97
When I had 3" turbo-back with Magnaflow cat, GReddy EVO exhaust it was not loud at all. I could hear the motor more then the exhaust at WOT. I liked the low deep rumble though, I hate loud obnoxious 4 cylnder exhausts. Turbo quiets the exhaust quite a bit and my cat made sure it wasn't raspy sounding.

Doesn't really help the OP....

VendorRed90SevMay-10-11 09:22 PM
261 posts,
#108693, "RE: 3 Inch Turboback exhaust with no muffler or resonator"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by bagged420a
Is the SRT catless, muffler-less, and resonator-less?

Not stock, but like I said, I have a 3" straight pipe exhaust on it.

jdm1990May-11-11 03:39 PM
Member since Jun 19th 2010
76 posts,
#108696, "RE: 3 Inch Turboback exhaust with no muffler or resonator"
In response to Reply # 8

I personally think it'll just be to hard to mimic the sound of the srt. They just run incredibly low compression IMO. If you want to try and make your eclipse sound like it, ditch the cat, ditch the muffler, and tune the car to be a little bit rich on decel. I know when the cobalt's coolant sensor went out and was running rich it sounded just like an srt-4. Just me .02 tho.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #108685 Previous topic | Next topic