Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107829
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Portfueler guys, injector sizes." 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
97AllMtrApr-26-10 04:28 AM
Member since Jul 20th 2007
175 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107829, "Portfueler guys, injector sizes."

Searched but couldn't find it... Anyone know what size fuel injectors come with the Portfueler for the 16g turbo setup at 10psi? Also, does anyone know what stage 2, 3, 4, and 5 injector sizes are for the Portfueler along with psi, 16g or 20g combos? I am looking for 10-15 psi on a custom 8 injector intake, what size injectors would suffice and allow room to up the boost as well. Please let me know, I can't get ahold of Hahn for any questions and couldn't find via search. Thanks!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
420agreenvilleSCApr-26-10 10:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#107830, "RE: Portfueler guys, injector sizes."
In response to Reply # 0
Apr-26-10 10:08 AM by 420agreenvilleSC

there is no 2 or 3 stage PF injectors. The only stages made were 4 & 5. stg 4 is #40 accel injectors (420cc), stg 5 is #48 injectors (500cc). One will support 24-25psi safely, the other 27 or more psi.

you can run any size you want. Just calculate the primaries and secondaries together when doing a fuel injector calculation. It also must be tuned via the split-second software (PF software)

http://www.2gnt.com/quote_db.php?id=278

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97AllMtrApr-26-10 05:00 PM
175 posts,
#107831, "RE: Portfueler guys, injector sizes."
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by 420agreenvilleSC
there is no 2 or 3 stage PF injectors. The only stages made were 4 & 5. stg 4 is #40 accel injectors (420cc), stg 5 is #48 injectors (500cc). One will support 24-25psi safely, the other 27 or more psi. you can run any size you want. Just calculate the primaries and secondaries together when doing a fuel injector calculation. It also must be tuned via the split-second software (PF software)

Does anyone have the stage 4 calibration tune? I only need a tune to support up to 15psi at the moment and only have 48lb injectors, would those be okay? I do plan to push 20psi after the car is broken in a little more. Thank you for the info, just what I was looking for!

420agreenvilleSCApr-26-10 06:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#107832, "RE: Portfueler guys, injector sizes."
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-26-10 06:31 PM by 420agreenvilleSC

this is the original hahn map created to compliment the stage 4 kit. It is very conservative at static fuel pressure of 45psi. You owe me: http://www.easy-share.com/1910047747/hahn_map.zip

if you want more fuel, start tuning. good luck.

Outside of Corona: "That sucks, peace out..." (jamie walks away)... "Sweeet, what we doin?" -Zac
Tim's garage (prior to motor install): "Im gonna smoke real quick, that way if you fuck up I am already nicotined up" -Tim

97AllMtrApr-27-10 02:44 AM
175 posts,
#107834, "RE: Portfueler guys, injector sizes."
In response to Reply # 3

this is the original hahn map created to compliment the stage 4 kit. It is very conservative at static fuel pressure of 45psi. You owe me: http://www.easy-share.com/1910047747/hahn_map.zip if you want more fuel, start tuning. good luck.

Wow, can't thank you enough! My friend was actually looking for this as well! Def owe you one! So, what psi were you running with this tune? (16g I am assuming) Also, since I have the 48lb injectors, can I just lean map out by 5% and work my way into getting it in the ball park with the bigger injectors? (since that tune is for the 420cc injectors and I have 490's?) THANK YOU SO MUCH!

420agreenvilleSCApr-27-10 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1527 posts,
#107835, "RE: Portfueler guys, injector sizes."
In response to Reply # 4
Apr-27-10 07:32 AM by 420agreenvilleSC

Originally posted by 97AllMtr So, what psi were you running with this tune? (16g I am assuming)

like I said, you can run this up to 24-27psi. mine's a t3/t4

Originally posted by 97AllMtr since I have the 48lb injectors, can I just lean map out by 5% and work my way into getting it in the ball park with the bigger injectors? (since that tune is for the 420cc injectors and I have 490's?)

exactly. more like 10% or more though. just start w/ small increments. good luck

97AllMtrApr-27-10 09:44 PM
175 posts,
#107836, "RE: Portfueler guys, injector sizes."
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 97AllMtr So, what psi were you running with this tune? (16g I am assuming)
like I said, you can run this up to 24-27psi. mine's a t3/t4
Originally posted by 97AllMtr since I have the 48lb injectors, can I just lean map out by 5% and work my way into getting it in the ball park with the bigger injectors? (since that tune is for the 420cc injectors and I have 490's?)
exactly. more like 10% or more though. just start w/ small increments. good luck

Thanks a ton!

bagged420aApr-30-10 01:26 PM
Member since Mar 11th 2009
107 posts,
#107839, "RE: Portfueler guys, injector sizes."
In response to Reply # 6

The stage 4 and 5 base maps from Hahn are exactly the same. If you run a 16g, use 40lb injectors for the tune to be right. And 48lb injectors for the 20g. As far as how many psi the injector is good for, doesn't really matter because the Split Sec software only goes to 26psi. Most of us using the 16g with the larger 48lb injectors have found that right around 15% is what needs to be taken out. Although everyone's setup is different so don't just put it in and assume its right.

97AllMtrApr-30-10 11:01 PM
175 posts,
#107840, "RE: Portfueler guys, injector sizes."
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by bagged420a
The stage 4 and 5 base maps from Hahn are exactly the same. If you run a 16g, use 40lb injectors for the tune to be right. And 48lb injectors for the 20g. As far as how many psi the injector is good for, doesn't really matter because the Split Sec software only goes to 26psi. Most of us using the 16g with the larger 48lb injectors have found that right around 15% is what needs to be taken out. Although everyone's setup is different so don't just put it in and assume its right.

That's what I was thinking. I'll probably just take out 15% and log a run and keep an eye on my afr and see where that puts me. Thanks for the help!

97AllMtrJun-15-10 10:01 PM
175 posts,
#107957, "RE: Portfueler guys, injector sizes."
In response to Reply # 8
Jun-15-10 10:04 PM by 97AllMtr

Originally posted by 97AllMtr
Originally posted by bagged420a The stage 4 and 5 base maps from Hahn are exactly the same. If you run a 16g, use 40lb injectors for the tune to be right. And 48lb injectors for the 20g. As far as how many psi the injector is good for, doesn't really matter because the Split Sec software only goes to 26psi. Most of us using the 16g with the larger 48lb injectors have found that right around 15% is what needs to be taken out. Although everyone's setup is different so don't just put it in and assume its right.
That's what I was thinking. I'll probably just take out 15% and log a run and keep an eye on my afr and see where that puts me. Thanks for the help!

Well, finally got to do some logging and found that -15% wasn't close to enough, I am at -20% now and am about to go to about -22%. Still dipping around 10.2-10.7 afr. Fuel pressure is at 45psi. Feels good though!

Edit: what do you guys do for logging boost with afr with an innovate lc-1? How do you log boost with it? Or do most of you use the Zeitronix with the MAP sensor? I can't find anthing as far as a boost sensor to plug into the lc-1's serial port. Is there such a thing?

sestepneyJun-16-10 03:35 PM
Member since Jun 15th 2010
1 posts,
#107958, "RE: Portfueler guys, injector sizes."
In response to Reply # 0

This is the same question I want to know about! I only plan to boost about 13-17lbs and wanted to know the injector size. On the kit description I think it talks about 500cc injectors and thinking do you have to us that size. I know they talk about high boost applications but I would think portfueler works well with low boost as well or anything higher then 8psi.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #107829 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic