Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #97059
View in threaded mode

Subject: "She's alive! (pics and video)" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
Teamdougie2Sep-04-06 12:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97059, "She's alive! (pics and video)"
Sep-04-06 01:50 PM by dougie2

After 12-1/2 months, and lots of blood, sweat and tears... we got the green beast started today... she's alive!!!

Here's a video of one of the first startups (high idle to keep the Crane 18 cams idling): www.bluebayelectronics.com/dougie2/videos/MFG_GS_video6.AVI

Here's a few pics from yesterday when it was almost done:

Also, special thanks to Joe (BOOSTED ECLIPSE) and my brother Matt for helping out.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
BumpinTalonSep-04-06 02:39 PM
Member since Mar 23rd 2004
2381 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97060, "RE: She's alive! (pics and video)"
In response to Reply # 0
Sep-04-06 02:46 PM by BumpinTalon

Sweet Mother of God

...your check engine light is on
and where'd you get that manifold, again?

1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Moderatorcs82685Sep-04-06 03:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#97061, "RE: She's alive! (pics and video)"
In response to Reply # 1

the manifold gives me a boner every time I see it. Almost time for some numbers maybe???

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

ChamukoSep-04-06 07:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#97064, "RE: She's alive! (pics and video)"
In response to Reply # 2

dare I ask what that computer is for?

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

ColtsNumba1FanSep-04-06 07:53 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2005
399 posts,
#97065, "RE: She's alive! (pics and video)"
In response to Reply # 3

Damn thats pretty tight, good job with it looks great, I cant wait! til mine is boosted. Have you taken it down the road yet and get the full experience?

96rs-tSep-04-06 09:37 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#97066, "RE: She's alive! (pics and video)"
In response to Reply # 4

Think that mani was from member here, but anyhow, that thing sounds beastly. I can only imagine what it sounds like under full load.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

boosted60trimrstSep-04-06 09:43 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#97067, "RE: She's alive! (pics and video)"
In response to Reply # 5

sweet manifold . i would kill to have a nice garage like that

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

WickedESiSep-05-06 04:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#97069, "RE: She's alive! (pics and video)"
In response to Reply # 6

That's just plain f'kin sick.

Omg!

You'll definately have to post some video of it under load (at the dyno or track) once you have it tuned a broke in.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

TeamXtremeRSSep-05-06 04:05 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#97070, "RE: She's alive! (pics and video)"
In response to Reply # 7

Nice work there Doug! Boy, that mani looks like a tight fit haha..is the hood going to close over it? How much room is left between the pipe and the hood? In case you guys didnt notice, the computer was for the Megasquirt..it's obviously running the engine

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

TeamDR1665Sep-05-06 05:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#97071, "RE: She's alive! (pics and video)"
In response to Reply # 8

Very nice! Way to go guys!

ChamukoSep-05-06 06:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#97072, "RE: She's alive! (pics and video)"
In response to Reply # 9

nope thats the laptop computer. Im talking about the black one in the first pic.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #97059 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic