Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #56505
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Turbo is in" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
zhr420Sep-17-03 09:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56505, "Turbo is in"

ok i am done installing my star turbo kit, my HID's, and my 3000GT brakes. took it for a ride and noticed two things, the air filter is hittin and intercooler pipe and is rattling like crazy, and the second is that i hit 1600 on my EGT way before redline. i bought the kit used and the dude who sold it to me said that i would have get a 12:1 disk for the FPR instead of the 6:1 that is in the the FPR now. should i get the second disk while i am tryin to construct my 8 injector set up?
later
"Z"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
turbo8uSep-17-03 10:10 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56506, "RE: Turbo is in"
In response to Reply # 0

>i hit 1600 on my EGT way before redline.

whoa whoa there, be careful....you could be running very very lean

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Uberingram> I bow down to the Geo

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

zhr420Sep-17-03 10:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#56508, "RE: Turbo is in"
In response to Reply # 1

so should i get another disc for the FPR
later
"Z"

turbo8uSep-17-03 10:23 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#56509, "RE: Turbo is in"
In response to Reply # 2

yea how many pounds are you running? whats your idle and static fuel pressures?
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

Uberingram> I bow down to the Geo

lickscissorsSep-17-03 10:55 AM
Member since May 07th 2003
1206 posts,
#56510, "RE: Turbo is in"
In response to Reply # 3

so are you running the 6:1?...how many pounds are you running?

zhr420Sep-17-03 07:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#56568, "RE: Turbo is in"
In response to Reply # 4

i am runnin 6 psi with the FPR that came with the star kit, i think i have a 6:1 disk in there. I don't know what my fuel pressure is, i don't have a gauge.
later
"Z"

Ryan_HesSep-17-03 07:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#56571, "RE: Turbo is in"
In response to Reply # 5

Dont run your car hard without knowing all the important information you need to tune it.

You MUST know your fuel pressures....regardless of how much boost you're running you must have your fuel pressure in check... and as far as your EGT's go, my personal preferance is to keep them at 1550 MAX. Even reaching 1500 I don't feel comfortable. Be careful man!

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

zhr420Sep-17-03 08:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#56572, "RE: Turbo is in"
In response to Reply # 6

i thought a stage 2 kit comes with everything ready to go, how am i suppose to know the fuel pressure!
later
"Z"

Teamdougie2Sep-17-03 08:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#56573, "RE: Turbo is in"
In response to Reply # 0

>air filter is hittin and intercooler pipe and is rattling

Take a piece rubber or silicone hose and cut off about 1 inch. Slit it down one side and pull apart. Secure it between the filter and piping. That's a temp solution until you replace the air filter or relocate IC piping.

>the second is that i hit 1600 on my EGT way before
>redline.

Don't do it again! You're air/fuel mixture is very lean and can cuase serious engine damage.

>i bought the kit used and the dude who sold it to me
>said that i would have get a 12:1 disk for the FPR instead of
>the 6:1 that is in the the FPR now. should i get the second
>disk while i am tryin to construct my 8 injector set up?
>later
>"Z"

I don't know your setup but if that's what he told you it's probably right.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

zhr420Sep-17-03 08:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#56576, "RE: Turbo is in"
In response to Reply # 8

doug are u runnin te FPR that came with the kit or are u runnin an SFMU, if u are runnin the FPR that came with the kit what disc are u using.
later
"Z"

MotoFoolSep-17-03 08:33 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#56578, "RE: Turbo is in"
In response to Reply # 9

doug is custom

Bill

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #56505 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic