Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #284
View in threaded mode

Subject: "We need to show at the 2001 Shootout!" 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic
AdministratoradminDec-14-00 10:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
100 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#284, "We need to show at the 2001 Shootout!"

From the Talon Digest:

Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:15:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: nt turbos vs turbo
Message-ID: <#2>

Bring em to the shootout. Settle it there. As I remember there were NO 420a
t's there running, am I mistaken? See ya there.

keith
tractionless
4g63t FWD

So, hopefully some of you turbo guys will make an appearance next year!
(and please don't break - we'll never hear the end of it...

juan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3
fly1Dec-14-00 10:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#285, "RE: We need to show at the 2001 Shootout!"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll be there with my 420A, along with other racers of Columbus DSM.

~Fly1

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SaberKhanDec-15-00 06:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#286, "RE: We need to show at the 2001 Shootout!"
In response to Reply # 1

When is the DSM shootout? Hopefully, within 6 months I'll have my bottem end built and have some intercooled boost on hand. Hope I'm not too late :o/

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Armond30Dec-14-00 12:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#287, "i WILL be there"
In response to Reply # 0

I might get kicked out though. I don't think I am going to have a cage by then or ever. still deciding

Have fun!

TeamJeff_99gsDec-14-00 02:27 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
#288, "Wyatt...."
In response to Reply # 3

Wyatt we need you pushing out 19psi by then
Can't let our image go down. like that.
Hell, any turbo guy get there if possible. stage 3+ would be really nice though!

Jeff

http://gs.dsmpower.com

TeamMuRiXDec-14-00 11:16 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#289, "RE: i WILL be there"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm tagging along with Armond with the Atl caravan. I went last year, but the car never made it past Alabama clutch #2 (CF DF non-modular btw) decided to give out. This time I will make sure it doesn't happen. I expect to run 18psi on pump gas and 24psi on race gas. And this guy has made a fair post. NOONE showed up last year but 3 cars, and one was a Galant. That is where the image comes from. We can talk all day but if noone makes a showing, well, you know how it goes. If that happens, we really don't have too much room to fight do we?

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

ModeratorVX100Dec-15-00 01:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#290, "hey, I showed up"
In response to Reply # 5

But I just didn't bring my car

I'll try to go again this year, and actually bring my car, but I can't make any gaurantees

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

4G64SpyderMikeDec-15-00 06:41 AM
Old School 2GNTer
8 posts,
#291, "RE: i WILL be there"
In response to Reply # 5

Chris:

Let me know more info about the Atlanta caravan when the time comes because I will tag along in my 4G64 turbocharged Spyder. BTW the Galant you were talking about will be back again with a big surprise. This year will be the year the 4G63 guys stop talking smack about the 420A and the 4G64 - I promise.

-Mike
Project 4G64T - 3 days until boosting time

ModeratorVX100Dec-15-00 10:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#292, "I know the guy with the Galant"
In response to Reply # 7

he's another New England DSM member, his name is Craig. He and I have been having a little friendly rivalry for a while.

The last time I raced him at the drag strip (about 7 months ago I think) he beat me by about a tenth, but I was running faster than he was when the shootout came by (thanks to my cold air intake vs. his warm air one, and his slipping clutch)

If I brought my car I would have won!

And now, even though I haven't raced him recently, my best time is 2/10ths faster than his best, and I bust him about it when I get the chance (I don't know how, but his car is actually lighter than mine so that makes it feel even better)

Actually, he's looking to put a 4g63 in his car! that will be impressive, but I hope he gets a 1st gen motor and not a 2nd gen, heh heh crankwalk sucks

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

manekDec-14-00 05:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
31 posts,
#293, "RE: We need to show at the 2001 Shootout!"
In response to Reply # 0

when and where?

anthony

TeamWyattDec-14-00 05:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#294, "RE: We need to show at the 2001 Shootout!"
In response to Reply # 9

I'm there
Wyatt Leras
http://www.turbogs.dsmpower.com
98 Eclipse GS Star Stage 5,000 Turbo kit

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #284 1 | 2 | 3 | Previous topic | Next topic