Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 5 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #92972
View in threaded mode

Subject: "SC61 running great!" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
freddy_00_69Jan-26-06 04:43 PM
Member since Aug 01st 2002
1119 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92972, "SC61 running great!"

I just got everything running right, thanks to cesar, and it pulls hard as hell. I am running 12-14 psi now with my wideband reading around 10-11, so i am still playing with it. I am waiting to buy the AIC so i can install my 8-injector setup to run 25psi. Damn, the turbo feels good, but it is laggy, but it feels much better than my old super 16G. Starts to spool around 4500 and not sure when it hits full boost, i am to busy trying to control the car after that. Well, for my setup, i just have Howell Automotive's built short block, stock head, MP 60mm throttle body, South Bend Clutch, 02 neon tranny, FMIC, 42lb green top injectors,2.5 inch downpipe and exhaust(with test pipe), with the other little goodies(ex:wideband band o2 sensor, gauges). Just wanted to post an update on my car, sorrry for the long post.

99 RS-T
"New bottom end(8.6:1 w/long rods)"
Turbonetics 60-1/Portfueler/etc!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
rs_smoked_youJan-26-06 06:27 PM
Member since Nov 14th 2005
201 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92978, "RE: SC61 running great!"
In response to Reply # 0

congrats dude when u gonna dyno it? and lets see some pics/vids, especially when ur do 25 psi, thats gonna be insane!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

freddy_00_69Jan-27-06 02:00 AM
1119 posts,
#92982, "RE: SC61 running great!"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by rs_smoked_you
congrats dude when u gonna dyno it? and lets see some pics/vids, especially when ur do 25 psi, thats gonna be insane!!

I want to dyno soon, but need the time to go do and money. I will most likely get it dyno'd at CFT. I will try and get some vids when i do. Thanks

99 RS-T

BlackMagicJan-27-06 03:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#92983, "RE: SC61 running great!"
In response to Reply # 2

damn man that's awesome, that's a great turbo, post up some pics man

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

freddy_00_69Jan-27-06 04:19 AM
1119 posts,
#92986, "RE: SC61 running great!"
In response to Reply # 3

I will try and get some up soon.

99 RS-T

Teamdougie2Jan-27-06 04:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#92988, "RE: SC61 running great!"
In response to Reply # 4

You're going to need more than fuel control to boost 25 PSI with that turbo. A simple CD box w/ timing retard module should work fine.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

freddy_00_69Jan-27-06 04:45 AM
1119 posts,
#92989, "RE: SC61 running great!"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by dougie2
You're going to need more than fuel control to boost 25 PSI with that turbo. A simple CD box w/ timing retard module should work fine.

Yeah, Cesar is helping me out with everything since he is boosting 26psi. I still have a few things to buy before i get that high, but hopefully soon. I am gonna try and boost 15-16 tonight with 100 octane gas.

99 RS-T

Teamdougie2Jan-27-06 04:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#92990, "RE: SC61 running great!"
In response to Reply # 6
Jan-27-06 04:54 AM by dougie2

Cool. Listen to the engine real carefully for pinging before you boost the hell out of it.

It's refreshing to see guys around here running turbos other than the HRC Super Turbo lineup.

Doug

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding

customrsturboJan-27-06 08:19 AM
Member since Oct 06th 2003
249 posts,
#92995, "RE: SC61 running great!"
In response to Reply # 7

I'm not running any timing control. I run 26psi with 93 and fuel additive. Always run a little richer if running w/o additive. My datalogger reads timing and stays between 13 and 15 degrees. Always goes a little lower at 4900 rpm, around 13 degrees. It goes back to 15 after 5000 rpm. No matter how many runs I make at the track, always watching the EGT, AFR and datalogger info. Also, I do a compression check everytime after the track and get 180psi all across.

Teamdougie2Jan-27-06 08:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#93002, "RE: SC61 running great!"
In response to Reply # 8

Cool. But 13* advance is getting down there. Are you sure the ECU isn't detecting some knock and pulling back timing? I've never tuned a 2GNT boosting over 21-22 PSI on any turbo, that I didn't have to pull timing out of due to knock.

I always logged about 17-18* at WOT with no knock on the stock ECU. However, I have noticed different timing number with different year ECUs.

Doug

customrsturboJan-27-06 09:15 AM
Member since Oct 06th 2003
249 posts,
#93003, "RE: SC61 running great!"
In response to Reply # 9

Yeah, I maybe be getting a little knocking, although I don't here anything it might be there. Like an old post, not all knocks are audibles. This is why I keep checking the status of the engine. It is like you say, every engine run with slightly diferent settings. Just watch for any condition that may damage your engine. So far, few years since I rebuilt the block, I have had good results with my settings. Now, if I had a standalone then I could do fine tunning and timing control. All depends on how deep is your pocket. Some day I will upgrade to MS, for now 8-injector will do. This year will try to run 11's. Need to upgrade axles and get ARP head studs or bolts. Will try 28 to 30psi.

Hey Freddy, I'm happy for you. We have to meet soon.

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #92972 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic