Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #91156
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Hey what's everyone!! anyone broke the 400whp barrier?" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Previous topic | Next topic
DarKReaLityDec-25-05 02:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91156, "Hey what's everyone!! anyone broke the 400whp barrier?"

hey what's up!? whoever remembers me. just passing by to see how's the boost business. it's been awhile that i posted here since my unfortunate robbery. but i'd like to see you guys succeed in reliable high HP levels. i see most of you have rebuilds and some serious turbos. and that Mega Squirt has come along way. i hope many of you tuners go the wideband O2 route, 'cause it's more accurate than the SAFC, or blinky lights. leave that MAP sensor alone. heehehhe! well let me know, sup Dino, Corbin, and the rest of the old crew.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
RxR_EclipseNov-05-05 02:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1792 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91160, "RE: Hey what's everyone!! anyone broke the 400whp barrier?"
In response to Reply # 0
Nov-05-05 03:01 PM by RxR_Eclipse

Last night I broke 500 whp on my butt dyno . I think the highest I have seen yet is in the 360whp range....someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Kevin
The old:

The new:

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

extreme97ntNov-05-05 04:41 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#91162, "RE: Hey what's everyone!! anyone broke the 400whp barrier?"
In response to Reply # 1

I will shortly.

best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction)
www.cnnmotorsports.com

injendsmNov-05-05 05:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#91164, "RE: Hey what's everyone!! anyone broke the 400whp barrier?"
In response to Reply # 2

thura hit 398whp on his.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

DarKReaLityNov-06-05 06:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
934 posts,
#91173, "RE: Hey what's everyone!! anyone broke the 400whp barrier?"
In response to Reply # 3
Nov-06-05 06:11 AM by DarKReaLity

well i hope someone will step up finally. i've been on this board since hmmmmm i think it was exactly 4 years ago, and the only one who's done it is Bill Hahn and Armond30. i'm sure it's an expensive and risky route to get there. but with the new technology now with tuning and new turbo designs, i'm sure you all can do it. i feel our only down fall is just traction. are there any new companies that make better clutches? it's time to get some C16 and hit them dynos.

TeamDR1665Nov-06-05 08:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#91177, "RE: Hey what's everyone!! anyone broke the 400whp barrier?"
In response to Reply # 4

Hey man. Long time no see. Don't forget that some of us are still aiming for the elusive 200hp mark without a snail or bottle. This will be the winter we find out, but my trubo plans for the 2GNT have finally died. Daisy will be all motor til she dies.

Teamdougie2Nov-06-05 05:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#91185, "RE: Hey what's everyone!! anyone broke the 400whp barrier?"
In response to Reply # 5
Nov-06-05 05:52 PM by dougie2

I'm working on a new setup (based on GT35/40R) that's expected to break 600 WHP (no nitrous). Should be done within 8 weeks.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

injendsmNov-06-05 06:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#91186, "RE: Hey what's everyone!! anyone broke the 400whp barrier?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by dougie2
I'm working on a new setup (based on GT35/40R) that's expected to break 600 WHP (no nitrous). Should be done within 8 weeks.

if you can pull out that much power, i want to see some dyno sheets and 1/4 mile video to drool over.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

ForceFed420aNov-07-05 02:21 AM
Member since Oct 18th 2004
620 posts,
#91189, "RE: Hey what's everyone!! anyone broke the 400whp barrier?"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by dougie2
I'm working on a new setup (based on GT35/40R) that's expected to break 600 WHP (no nitrous).

Good grief.

Red 97 Eclipse GS (420a) MTX
Custom Garrett T3 Turbo system
Megasquirt w/52 lb/hr injectors & a Walbro 255
Kicker/Alpine Audio (3 amps, 2 subs)
90 Cav 2.2 TBI auto (winter) <- yeah, it's fast

ModeratorEvuLFleANov-07-05 07:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#91195, "RE: Hey what's everyone!! anyone broke the 400whp barrier?"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by thedawg
Pending Engine Modifications Nobody has hit 400hp besides Bill Hahn Jr.

Well, 398whp from Thura and 402whp(I think) from Armond.

Thura's 398whp was done at < 20 psi too I believe.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

TeamAvengerNov-07-05 05:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#91197, "RE: Hey what's everyone!! anyone broke the 400whp barrier?"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by EvuLFleA
Originally posted by thedawg Pending Engine Modifications Nobody has hit 400hp besides Bill Hahn Jr.
Well, 398whp from Thura and 402whp(I think) from Armond. Thura's 398whp was done at < 20 psi too I believe.

Actually I know of 4 people that have broken 400whp (on a 420a ... 2gnt or Avenger) and I'm just a hair short. My 398whp was done at 22-23psi on 110 octane on a S20G-H just for clarification.

In all honesty, I'm sure there could probably be another 4 or 5 on the board that can get there also ... turbo is large enough ... fuel system good enough ... but 23+psi is a little scary ... one mistake and boom. Plus driving around with 400+hp alone is a little unnerving ... well at least for me.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #91156 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Previous topic | Next topic