Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #36178
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I swear I hate this car.....aftermath of an engine rebuild" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
eclipsekaiserDec-19-02 10:11 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36178, "I swear I hate this car.....aftermath of an engine rebuild"

Ever since after the engine rebuild, the car has been idling like shit.

Ford 315cc ===> car will not even hold idle at all. STFT-25%,
LTFT -25%. Thought the computer is not able to compensate for injectors that are 25% bigger...fine switch to 270cc.

RC 270cc ===> car idle way better, but still get the same CEL code, that bank 1 is too rich, hence misses and stalls at time. STFT is in the rance of 4 to -4% while LTFT is -14% at idle.

Current set up is 3.62" with 270cc at 40psi fuel.

tonight I will get with jamesman to see what the hell is going on here. and post some better data to analyze.

-K-

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
ErikDec-19-02 10:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1536 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36179, "RE: I swear I hate this car.....aftermath of an engine rebuild"
In response to Reply # 0

Bad O2? Just a guess, but it sounds like it should have ran with the 315's.

Shit is all apart. Typical...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSDec-19-02 10:41 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#36180, "RE: I swear I hate this car.....aftermath of an engine rebuild"
In response to Reply # 0

40 psi of fuel on 315's is way to much fuel. I need about 25 psi of fuel at idle on my car for my fuel trims to look good with the 315's..try lowering your fuel pressure a bit..you will have to if you are not using the SAFC to lean it out.. for some odd reason, some can run large injectors with 40 psi of fuel at idle, and some cant..its wierd..my car runs great though at 25 psi idle fuel pressure

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

KirbyDec-19-02 11:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#36181, "RE: I swear I hate this car.....aftermath of an engine rebuild"
In response to Reply # 2

Yes you need to lower idle pressure.

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

pn0ymahalDec-19-02 12:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#36182, "RE: I swear I hate this car.....aftermath of an engine rebuild"
In response to Reply # 3

maybe its a sensor dude.. even with your 315cc injectors your car should have idled fine with the correct fp etc your car does not love you man hehe. now you got 270cc injectors and its getting there.. well i just called james, but no answer so if he calls me back before i might come see whats going on also..
cool

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
Stage 3 process begins gathering parts for rebuild

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

thedawgDec-20-02 04:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#36183, "RE: I swear I hate this car.....aftermath of an engine rebuild"
In response to Reply # 4

Ok, four of us couldn't figure this out last night. Can someone help?

Problem: Car starts perfect. o2 pegs at 1v but idles perfect. The SECOND the car goes into closed loop (o2 voltage starts going up and down) the thing starts idling like crap, RPMs drop, and it even stalls after a minute. Smells PIG rich and CEL is "o2 too rich".

Troubleshooting steps taken:
Turned idle fuel pressure down to 25, 23, 21, 20, and 15- No change. Works best between 25 and 30psi @ idle.

Reset the ECU and ran lower idle FP- no change. CEL came back on the second it went into closed loop.

Replaced PCV - no change, BUT if you disconnect it and make a vacuum leak, it runs perfect.

Replaced O2 - idles slightly better but still in limp-home-mode with a CEL.

Stats:
Injectors: RC 270cc
Fuel Regulator: SFMU, 3.62" disk, 30psi idle pressure.
STFT: -4%
LTFT: -14%
RPM @ idle: 600-900
Timing advance @ idle: 15*
Upstream o2: .43-.96 in closed loop

THANKS!

pn0ymahalDec-20-02 05:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#36184, "RE: I swear I hate this car.....aftermath of an engine rebuild"
In response to Reply # 5

did you guys swap ecus after i left james place?... i would also just for kicks check all the wires for the ecu to make sure none is cut or so.. and the o2 sensor i would re check all the wires to make sure none are cut etc... to bad it was getting late and it was raining last night...all i can think of is check the timing to see if its lined up.. its odd no cel besides to rich...

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2

Michael

thedawgDec-20-02 07:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#36185, "RE: I swear I hate this car.....aftermath of an engine rebuild"
In response to Reply # 6

The ECU on kaisers 98? didn't match up with my 99. We're both auto and they look very close, but there's 4 aligning rails on each plug that wouldn't match up. Other differences were that one ECU had grey terminals and one had black ones. Also his had a small ground plate? with fins that press down between the heatsink fins.

So, no, we couldn't swap ECU's. We did try my o2, and that helped a little.

jamesmanDec-20-02 08:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#36186, "RE: I swear I hate this car.....aftermath of an engine rebuild"
In response to Reply # 7

We will have to get together during the day time and check things out i want to be able to see all the hose routings to the fuel pressure regulator i think maybe something is jacked. One thing also try to disconnect the A/F guage from the ecu and see what happens. I really want to find out what the heck is wrong with your stinking car! we need to get a new ECU maybe we can borrow Karl's and see what happens. One more thing is check the ground to the engine. that may make a difference if it is jacked.
maybe sometime this weekend.
gimme a call.
lates
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

pn0ymahalDec-20-02 09:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#36187, "RE: I swear I hate this car.....aftermath of an engine rebuild"
In response to Reply # 8

is kaiser car a 97 or 98?.. well kaiser when you meet up with james give me a call. james has my # i forgot to give it to you last night.. the sun is out now hehe .. i hear this weekend its going to rain?... give me a call when you guys meet up...
cool

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2

Michael

TeamXtremeRSDec-20-02 10:43 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#36188, "RE: I swear I hate this car.....aftermath of an engine rebuild"
In response to Reply # 0

i would check out your idle air control valve, and your TPS sensors and wiring...the fact that when you make a vacume leak and it ran better, doenst make much sense. I would also check the map sensor and its wiring, that can cause it too, as the map is what controlls most of the fuel mixture in closed loop. You replaced the o2, but did you reset the ECU after doing so?

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #36178 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic