Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #56358
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Very nice, and very cheap, cooling system for you guys" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
MR BLUNT 2gntSep-15-03 03:17 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56358, "Very nice, and very cheap, cooling system for you guys"

sup guys, i havent posted on here for a while b/c i've been in the middle of my third rebuild...dont ask, but good luck to those running melling oil pumps..the worm gear inside that actually mates w/ the crank cracked on me..no oil pressure equals spun rod bearing, damaged forged rods, damaged turbo...list goes on...it was a faulty pump(first pump did the same thing, i was dumb enough to use a second), they paid me like half of the damage but its still ghey..anyhow back to the topic at hand..i just got the motor back in and everything mounted up, i decided i'd like to finally get a new radiator b/c i'm running a bit warm in the long pulls..so i have a vendors acct and can get some tight deals on a lot of stuff..my good buddy in michigan can get me C & R racing radiators at cost so i decided to get one...nice core, bad ass tig welds, light as hell and came w/ a 12" Spal fan already attached..i got the unit shipped to me at my cost for 415...now the fluidyne through summit is 395, plus there 8 dollar handling fee and your already at 403, add shipping and what it will cost you to get a comparable fan and you can see this is a pretty tight setup..now the only issue right now is that they dont make an application for the 2gnt, only the 4g63 guys..so i have been talking w/ the head engineer at C & R and have convinced him that there is a market for this car and i could probably get a group buy together..i am sending him my cad design which basically took his 4g63 and moved the water necks around to work w/ the car...would anyone be interested in buying this newly designed aluminum radiator for that cheap?? i am sure that i can get him to sell the units for around the same price..would probably be no more than 430 dollars shipped to your door...i can host some pics of my core(4g63) to show you the quality of the welds and the unit..i like it a lot and it is very nice, would anyone be interested in this unit?? ps w/ the fan it weighs about 7 lbs!!! just thought it was cool, i'll have the first prototype for our car and was excited to have convinced him to put this unit into production for us to take advantage of...what do you guys think?

400whp or bust.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
ModeratormicyekSep-15-03 03:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5070 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56362, "RE: Very nice, and very cheap, cooling system for you guys"
In response to Reply # 0

That's a sick deal dude. I just wish I could afford it right now. I hope some people jump on this and yu can get something going and maybe by that time I can afford one. Are the fans smaller then stock because I'm look to get a little more space between my turbo and fan. Good luck with that...I hope it goes good for you.

getty up

-kent-

'98 Talon...gone, but not forgotten

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MR BLUNT 2gntSep-15-03 05:14 PM
793 posts,
#56365, "RE: Very nice, and very cheap, cooling system for you guys"
In response to Reply # 1

no, its a slim line fan made by spal..they are nice fans, good for 1200 cfm supposably...total thickness i'd say is 2.5" w/ the fan attached..and the fan is mounted w/ two aluminum rods welded to the end tanks..its a very nice unit..i'm getting one regardless of everyone elses decision, i just figured i'd share a good thing ..

400whp or bust.

MotoFoolSep-15-03 07:47 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#56368, "RE: Very nice, and very cheap, cooling system for you guys"
In response to Reply # 2

C&R is the shiznit...

i tried to get a groupbuy going back in the day i can have them made by C&R if i got 3 people to order but it never happened..

c&r radiators are much nicer then fluidyne and griffins...

Bill

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

pn0ymahalSep-15-03 09:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#56375, "RE: Very nice, and very cheap, cooling system for you guys"
In response to Reply # 3

some pixs are nice. i want to get a c &r radiator for my 99gs 420a auto tranny but i dont like the idea of having to buy a radiator alone, then buy a tranny cooler 'good ' enough to handle the cooling of the tranny etc. see what they said about the auto tranny radiator. i like the idea of how it comes with a fan and all. hehe
Michael
99gs
HRC Stage IV 8-Injector Setup
2GNT Member #32

MajinVejitaXVSep-16-03 02:50 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2002
446 posts,
#56379, "RE: Very nice, and very cheap, cooling system for you guys"
In response to Reply # 4

Get the group buy together, and I'll sign up.

-Corey

babybeclipseSep-16-03 04:54 AM
Member since Mar 01st 2002
3083 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56383, "RE: Very nice, and very cheap, cooling system for you guys"
In response to Reply # 5

I'm down. Give me a couple months to save up some dough

Teamdougie2Sep-16-03 06:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#56390, "RE: Very nice, and very cheap, cooling system for you guys"
In response to Reply # 6

Hell yeah... get this going... I'm down for one.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

MR BLUNT 2gntSep-16-03 12:47 PM
793 posts,
#56419, "RE: Very nice, and very cheap, cooling system for you guys"
In response to Reply # 7

cool...he was sent the cad design today for the redesigned radiator..i should know pricing very soon..i'll have pics up later tonight...i dont have the dimensions on the auto core, can you get those to me?? i'll see what i can do..i dont know if they can or not...glad to see others interested as well..the cool thing is w/ my business i have two paypal accts, one to accept cc's and one to take just cash xfers..cc obviously has a fee but at least its an option..i'll keep you guys posted on the situation

400whp or bust.

Teamdougie2Sep-16-03 01:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2982 posts,
#56421, "RE: Very nice, and very cheap, cooling system for you guys"
In response to Reply # 8

The GS-T radiator with relocated water necks will work perfect... no need using CAD and/or redesigning the radiator. It'd be nice for the turbo guys especially if the upper water neck could be pushed as far over as possible and angled about 35 degrees.

Doug

Xtreme Performance Services

Race Engines · Transmissions · Turbo Systems · EFI & Tuning · Fabrication · Welding
www.xtremefabrications.com

EclipseRSTSep-16-03 02:21 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#56429, "RE: Very nice, and very cheap, cooling system for you guys"
In response to Reply # 9

I'm always looking for a way to cool my car down more. If you can get some pics and prices you can probably add my name to the list too.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

Top 2GNT Technical Turbo/Nitrous Tech topic #56358 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic