Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #85074
View in threaded mode

Subject: "I'm F-in Pissed! I Drove Next To The New 2006 Eclipse" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic
EclipseTenzoRMay-14-05 07:28 AM
Member since Nov 09th 2003
2386 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85074, "I'm F-in Pissed! I Drove Next To The New 2006 Eclipse"
May-14-05 11:15 AM by eclipse804

Today on my way home from military pt i see a car in my rear view.. it looks like the 2006 Eclispe.. I'm like nah.. its probably a new Galant. So I slow down and switch lanes so it can pass me.. and what is it? The new Eclipse GT.. The thing was fucking SWHEET.. I almost nutted when I heard the exhaust. And this morning for some odd reason i was telling myself to bring my camera, but I never did. I'm really pissed I did'nt because it was really cool to see this on the streets.. To bad some old fucker was driving it to the dealership because he wasn't really getting on it. The thing was fucking nice! Totally different to see it in person, you respect it a little bit more. I'm so pissed with myself though.. O'well

NOTE: editted title to make it work safe

98' Eclipse GS- Hahn Stage 2- SOLD
02' Honda S2000- SOLD
04' Acura TL- Current Whip

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
WIDECLIPSEMay-14-05 07:41 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#85075, "RE: I'm Fuckin Pissed! I Drove Next To The New 2006 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

Yea, I hope it's better in person, cuz the pictures looked like shit on a stick. Anything that resembles a 3g needs to be shipped to Antarctica and blown up.

-Roman

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

a_miller_76May-14-05 07:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#85076, "RE: I'm Fuckin Pissed! I Drove Next To The New 2006 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by WIDECLIPSE
Yea, I hope it's better in person, cuz the pictures looked like shit on a stick. Anything that resembles a 3g needs to be shipped to Antarctica and blown up.

Agreed. I wouldn't drive it if you gave me one.

MCubed45May-14-05 07:58 AM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#85077, "RE: I'm Fuckin Pissed! I Drove Next To The New 2006 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 2

it does look pretty awesome in person. haha i guess i should upload my pics from the car show we had here last month... they had a sexy blue one. i think it has a lot of potential body-wise as well. just needs the right kit

it's kinda like when you look at a 95-96 eclipse before ever seeing a 97+ or one with a kit.

-marc

EclipseTenzoRMay-14-05 08:16 AM
2386 posts,
#85078, "RE: I'm Fuckin Pissed! I Drove Next To The New 2006 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 3

It's pretty nice.. The one I saw was orange, and I really dont like the orange.. But I dont know.. Just seeing it in person and hearing that baby purr and mixed in with traffic, it was unique. If someone gave me one I would drive it for sure just not on a daily basis.. lol.. But yea, views will change after they hit the road. 2G is still the best tho.. RepresenT!!!!! 2G Powaa!

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

96rs-tMay-14-05 10:16 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
#85079, "RE: I'm Fuckin Pissed! I Drove Next To The New 2006 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 4

We all saw it here in SoCal when Mitsu hosted MOD 05 event. We got to sit in it and check out all the controls, however they also had the concept eclipse right next to it, so it made the actual 06 eclipse look like crap.

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

eclipse982nrRSTMay-14-05 11:03 AM
Member since Mar 16th 2004
6314 posts,
#85080, "RE: I'm Fuckin Pissed! I Drove Next To The New 2006 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 5

i think the 06's look liek shit. they look like some kind of moon car from mars

-MIKE-

Stroked 2.2L

csmakioMay-14-05 11:16 AM
Member since Jun 18th 2003
412 posts,
#85081, "RE: I'm Fuckin Pissed! I Drove Next To The New 2006 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 6

I hate the 06's I think they look horrible. They look better than 3G's but they still look horrid in my opinion.

HAHN Stage 1 \ Greddy Power Extreme 2.5'' Catback

a_miller_76May-14-05 12:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#85082, "RE: I'm Fuckin Pissed! I Drove Next To The New 2006 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by 96rs-t
We all saw it here in SoCal when Mitsu hosted MOD 05 event. We got to sit in it and check out all the controls, however they also had the concept eclipse right next to it, so it made the actual 06 eclipse look like crap.

Yeah the concept was alright, but the actual final production version looks like dog shit.

FunRSMay-14-05 12:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
67 posts,
#85083, "RE: I'm Fuckin Pissed! I Drove Next To The New 2006 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 7

Funny you should see one. I got to drive one today. It was a GT got a 3.8 in it. Had the sport shift auto. And a Rockfordfosgate sub in the back. Cool seats. It is a orange color. I think it has 17's on. I didn't have my camera with me either. I will see if I can get some pic's monday. But my boss does not whant any of the installers to now it they. It was funny he brought it in to the shop and drove it by my lift whit out stoping. Drop the dam slpash cover and was like I now you going to stop right. He just drove it out of the shop and acros the street to the other shop and put it the class room. But He did let my drive it. It fast for what it is still would like to see a turbo on it . I wish thay would put the bulge back on. It's funny to look over that flat hood. To let you all know the company I work for procees cars for mazda ,suzki, ford ,chevy, and now mitsubishi. whating for are fisrt shippment of EVO's. Any way if any body lives in Jacksonville FL and looking for a job we have some opening.

99 RS AEM Coldair intake
18x7 somethings
Phantom Tach W/Shift Light
A/F gauge
Kenwood KVT-512
Boston Acustic 6.5 up front& Fosgate 6.5 in back Alpine AMP MRV-F302 Pionner XM satellite radio
NX wet 50 shoot

EclipseTenzoRMay-14-05 04:10 PM
2386 posts,
#85084, "RE: I'm Fuckin Pissed! I Drove Next To The New 2006 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 9

Sounds like a fun job

02' Honda S2000- SOLD

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #85074 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Previous topic | Next topic