Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #68489
View in threaded mode

Subject: "What grit of sandpaper to strip interior paint?" Previous topic | Next topic
MajinVejitaXVMar-11-04 07:30 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2002
446 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68489, "What grit of sandpaper to strip interior paint?"

Planning on doing my interior, or at least part of it, tomorrow. Can someone tell me what grit to use while doing the least amount of damage to the texture of our interiors?

Thanks,
Corey

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
BlizareMar-11-04 07:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68491, "RE: What grit of sandpaper to strip interior paint?"
In response to Reply # 0

If you want the texture don't sand with anything more than like 600 grit or something. Sanding is gonna take the texture away though unless you don it really lightly. If you want a smooth looking piece step up from lik 200,400,600 wet or something...That should get it smooth.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

farmdogg55Mar-11-04 08:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2522 posts,
#68494, "RE: What grit of sandpaper to strip interior paint?"
In response to Reply # 1

Are you taking paint off the interior? Or prepping to paint the interior? Taking paint off sounds like a real bitch to do.

MajinVejitaXVMar-11-04 08:44 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2002
446 posts,
#68499, "RE: What grit of sandpaper to strip interior paint?"
In response to Reply # 2

Basically, I painted a piece of my interior with Krylon Fusion, and it came out uneven. I'm working on the rest and it's coming out fine, but that one piece could stand to be redone, so I'd like to strip the paint off and redo it.

If not, I can buy a replacement piece, but I'd like to try and salvage what I have.

-Corey

farmdogg55Mar-11-04 08:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2522 posts,
#68501, "RE: What grit of sandpaper to strip interior paint?"
In response to Reply # 3

Well I would start with high grit sizes and try those first. Maybe try a 250 grit to start. I can tell you though I sanded wth 100 grit on the plastics and my arm was hurting and the texture was still there.

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #68489 Previous topic | Next topic