Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #16971
View in threaded mode

Subject: "2002 Chrome Emblem" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
RYZCLPZMar-12-02 07:03 AM
Member since Feb 21st 2002
66 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16971, "2002 Chrome Emblem"

Okay...I called the local satan, asked if I could order a 2002 chrome emblem...and he told me to give him a VIN number...so I theived one from a used 02 someone had for sale, and the guy said it was a bad VIN. How can I get my hands on a chrome emblem!?

Ryan
98 GS-T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
Teameclipse804Mar-12-02 07:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16972, "RE: 2002 Chrome Emblem"
In response to Reply # 0

You don't need a VIN to order it. Just tell them you want the front emblem from a 2002 eclipse. In chrome. He just wants it to make sure to get the right part number. Call another dealer if he doesn't know what part to give you. I have it on my car...

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

RYZCLPZMar-12-02 07:45 AM
66 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16973, "RE: 2002 Chrome Emblem"
In response to Reply # 1

Yeah, I saw it on your car, that's when I decided I wanted one. I couldn't understand why that guy needed a VIN number other than to check the "computer" because he couldn't read a book... Anyway, I e-mailed another dealer to see if they could find it, no VIN needed...we'll see what happens.

Ryan
98 GS-T

Teameclipse804Mar-12-02 07:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16974, "RE: 2002 Chrome Emblem"
In response to Reply # 2

Oh actually I just asked my gf, and she said she just called them, told them she wants a chrome emblem from a 2002 eclipse, but it's really gonna go on a 97 bumper. They sent the correct part, so hopefully your dealer will be smart. I'll try to look for the part number, but I may have thrown away the package.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

RYZCLPZMar-12-02 08:00 AM
66 posts,
#16975, "RE: 2002 Chrome Emblem"
In response to Reply # 3

I even stated I had a 95 and was going to replace the old red logo...do you know how frustrating it is to speak to some yokel who believes in playing by the rules and keeping everything stock!?!? ARGH! hehe

Ryan
98 GS-T

fauchpjMar-12-02 08:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#16976, "RE: 2002 Chrome Emblem"
In response to Reply # 4

the 95-96 bumpers have the small logo. it wont fit right on yours. it has grooves under the red logo and the big one wont fit right

fasterGSMar-12-02 08:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#16977, "RE: 2002 Chrome Emblem"
In response to Reply # 5

Ok so I tried it after reading this. I called the idiots that sold me my car, they said it wouldnt fit on my car.(99) I called another another one about 15 minutes away and they said they had em in stock lol. For those of you that live in Colorado DONT EVER GO TO SKYLINE MITSUBISHI, THEY ARE ASS RAPE ARTISTS. Boulder mitsubishi is awesome, mod friendly.

jdpilotMar-12-02 11:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
#16978, "RE: 2002 Chrome Emblem"
In response to Reply # 6

Just ordered mine from satan yesterday. Only $10.85. I couldn't believe it!!!!

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

RYZCLPZMar-12-02 01:39 PM
66 posts,
#16979, "RE: 2002 Chrome Emblem"
In response to Reply # 7

Welp...got an email back from another dealer...guy responded about 10 minutes after I sent it..Now I hear it won't fit a 95? Wouldn't it be possible to fill in where the old sticker was?

Ryan
98 GS-T

fauchpjMar-12-02 01:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4784 posts,
#16980, "RE: 2002 Chrome Emblem"
In response to Reply # 8

fill in? if you want to bondo and repaint your front bumper for an emblem, sure

sticker? its a hard emblem

you may be able to put it where the old emblem was, it just might not fit in the grooves right and it might not stick very well

RYZCLPZMar-12-02 01:54 PM
66 posts,
#16981, "RE: 2002 Chrome Emblem"
In response to Reply # 9

Anything that ugly is a sticker to me.

Ryan
98 GS-T

Top 2GNT Technical Interior/Exterior topic #16971 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic